The handheld MHA50 Portable Decoding Amplifier can make your music sound its best—and likely better than you’ve ever heard it before—through your headphones.
MHA50 includes wired inputs for Apple® iOS devices, as well as Android devices that are compatible with USB On-The-Go technology—plus Mac® and Windows® computers. It can also wirelessly connect to these devices via Bluetooth® 4.1 with aptX™ technology (Android devices that aren’t compatible with USB On-The-Go can still connect via Bluetooth). It features a high-performance 32-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and supports 32-bit/192kHz hi-res audio, DSD256 and DXD384 files as well as asynchronous USB audio. Its 3,000 mAh rechargeable battery provides up to 6 hours of playback on a single charge when connected via Bluetooth; playback can last even longer when using the wired connections.
Comparably sized to smartphones, MHA50 is compact and lightweight for easy portability with a beveled case that fits comfortably in your hand or pocket. Its sleek design features a glass front panel with a touch sensitive volume control knob inspired by the classic knobs found on countless McIntosh products. It’s built primarily from durable extruded aluminum, which also has some inherent noise-shielding properties to help block external interference. Two gain settings allow MHA50 to work with all types of headphones—from small in-ear models to large over-ear studio type designs like the McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones (sold separately); it can drive headphones with impedances ranging from 8-600 ohms. Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings added dimension to your music in a natural sounding way and can be easily turned on and off depending on your preferences. All audio is output via a gold-plated 3.5mm jack. This jack can also connect to a pair of powered desktop speakers, allowing MHA50 to serve as a desktop DAC. MHA50 comes complete with three USB adapter cables to connect various devices, a leather carrying case, and a wall mount charger with USA plug and adapters for Europe and Japan.
- Product Brochure
- All cables are 8" (200 mm) long
- What's in the Box:
- MHA50 unit
- Leather carrying case
- Lightning to USB-A cable
- USB micro-B to USB-A cable
- USB micro-B to USB micro-B cable
- Wall mount charger w/ USA plug and adapter for Europe and Japan
- Headphone Power Output: 200mW
- Headphone Output Impedance: 8-600 ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 50kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 105dB
- Preamp Output: 1.8V
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm w/ Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Digital USB Input: 2 (1 Type A, 1 micro B)
- Wireless Input: Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP w/ aptX
- Source Support: Apple iOS, Android OTG, MacOS, Windows OS devices
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate: PCM 16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit to 192kHz, DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DXD352.8, DXD384
- Output Meters: No
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State: Solid State
- Power Requirement: 5V DC, 0.7A
- Output Autoformer: No
- Battery Playback Life: Up to 6 hours w/ Bluetooth connection; playback can last even longer when using the wired connections
- Dimensions: 2.7"w (7 cm) x 6.1"h (15.5 cm) x 0.6"d (1.4 cm)
- Weight: 0.5 lbs (0.2 kg)
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gramophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
In the unlikely event a television arrives damaged, we require notification of damages within 24 hours of receipt of the unit.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture and televisions, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.