Yamaha, with a long history of over 125 years as a musical instrument maker, also has a high reputation for Hi-Fi components. The A-S701 is created by taking advantage of this rich experience and high technological expertise. Based on the concept of “Natural Sound” for reproducing all music as it really sounds, this amplifier is built with scrupulous care from its circuit design to basic sound production.
With a straight connection to the CD input, CD Direct Amplification maximizes the CD source's signal to noise ratio. Additionally, engaging the Pure Direct mode causes the music signals to travel the shortest possible circuit route, bypassing the buffer amp, the tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
- 100 W x 2-ch (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Digital audio inputs for TV and Blu-ray Disc™ player
- CD Direct Amplification and Pure Direct
- ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) and high quality parts
- I/O (input to output) direct symmetrical design
- ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base
- Custom-made power transformer / 12,000uF block capacitors / extruded aluminum heat sinks
- Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA terminals
- Simple yet sophisticated design (aluminum front panel)
- Continuously variable loudness control
- Minimum RMS Output Power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz): 100 W + 100 W (0.019% THD)
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 140 / 170 / 220 / 290 W
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz +/- 1.0 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz): 0.019% (50 W / 8 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD): 99 dB (input shorted, 200 mV)
- Damping Factor: 240
- Digital Input: Yes (optical / coaxial)
- Audio In / Out: 8 / 2
- Subwoofer Out: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes
- ToP-ART: Yes
- Switchable CD Direct Amplification: Yes
- DC out: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
- Power Management (Auto Power Standby): Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4"
- Weight: 24.7 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov