Mark Twain famously said, “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of fight in the dog.” Totem concurs, and nothing exemplifies the quote more than the marvellously compact and enormously powerful KIN SUB 8. However connected and with whatever material, KIN SUB 8 adds substantial bass and excitement to every listening session.
The 8” driver is composed of coated, high tensile spun fiberglass strands bonded to a cellulose core. A vented magnetic structure utilizing an oversized ferrite magnet assembly provides prodigious power yet stays cool to consistently maintain optimum performance. The Butyl rubber surround allows remarkable excursion and bass presence. The aluminum voice coil is wound with enamel resin coated copper wire for the sensational magnetic properties that result in quick, accurate bass. A 200 watt digital amplifier designed in tandem ensures the KIN Sub 8 is powered to perfection. Bass is thunderous and controlled, equally musical and explosive. Equipped with Volume, Phase, and Frequency controls to blend with any system and room and be tailored for any taste. LFE and stereo RCA input options allow simple connection to most amplifiers.
- Design: Powered Subwoofer
- Enclosure: Slot ported
- Amplifier: Class D 200 watts
- Woofer: 8” Reinforced Fiberglass cone and Butyl rubber surround.
- Voice Coil: Enamel resin-coated copper wire wound on a vented aluminum former
- Frequency response: 29 Hz - 200 Hz
- Crossover: Variable from 40Hz to 200Hz, 24dB/Octave
- Phase: Variable from 0 to 180 degrees
- Volume: Variable
- Inputs: Stereo RCA/LFE
- Power modes: Auto/On
- Dimensions (HxWxD) : 11 7/32” x 10 7/16” x 11 1/2” / 285mm x 265mm x D 292mm
- Weight: 16.4 lb / 7.43 kg
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov