It’s nearly impossible to improve upon revolutionary technology like Torrent or the overall immaculate design of the Metal. Nearly. But after nearly 10 years of research and development, Totem accomplished the impossible with the Element Metal V2.
Stealth black finish on the aluminum framework of our proprietary Torrent woofers and acoustic isolation are the visible changes. The acoustic improvements are even more dramatic.
The Metal V2 is equipped with the second generation of 7” Torrent woofers, precision-machined in-house with the exactness of a luxury watch and fine-tuned like a performance engine. Individual magnets positioned cylindrically around the motor structure keep the voice coil continuously immersed within the magnetic field for absolute and instant control of its every reaction. The design is a controlled ferocity that amazingly requires no crossover, channeling vast dynamic potential into the purest musical experience.
The remarkable tweeter is the equal counterpoint to the powerhouse Torrent. The thick aluminum faceplate and finned aluminum body allows it to stay cool as it matches the torrid pace of the Torrent with clarity and openness at any volume setting.
All this technology is housed in a spectacular cabinet with no parallel surfaces that eradicates distortion-causing interior standing waves. It is the acoustic and artistic standard to which all others will be measured. They will all be found wanting, for there is simply nothing like the Element Metal V2.
- Stunning geometric design with no parallel surfaces
- Available in gleaming, luxurious, multi-coat polyester finishes
- Variably adjustable front claw and skid plate isolation
- Matching magnetic grilles
- Custom designed & machined aluminum terminal back plates
- 7-inch proprietary Torrent hand assembled drivers with revolutionary magnetic field technology
- No active or passive crossover in the low frequency path
- 1” titanium dome tweeter with 3/8’’ inch thick aluminum faceplate and finned aluminum alloy chamber
- Annealed Aluminum rear terminal plates and Bi-Wireable Platinum WBT 4 way connectors
- Industry unique Borosilicate dampening
|Frequency Response:||26 Hz – 22 kHz|
|Recommended Power:||50 W – 300 W|
|Woofer:||2 x 7″ Torrent drivers|
|Tweeter:||1″ Titanium dome with 3/8″ aluminum faceplate|
|Dimensions (w x h x d):||11.7″ x 43.5 x 14.9 / 29.8 x 110.49 x 37.846|
|Placement from rear wall:||As little as 6″, but varies based on electronics and room acoustics|
|Placement distance apart:||As little as 2′, but varies based on electronics and room acoustics|
|Break-in Time:||200-300 hours|
|Crossover Frequency:||First order crossover on tweeter only|
|Speaker Terminals:||Bi-wireable, Platinum WBT connectors with Annealed aluminum plate|
|Weight||73.34lb / 33.34kg|
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov