Planar 2 features Rega's brand-new RB220 tonearm, which is packed with groundbreaking new features.
A new 24v, low-noise motor, acrylic laminated plinth, newly designed central bearing and so much more. Every feature of this innovative new turntable is designed to extract the maximum amount of information and detail from your vinyl collection.
- Tonearm—Featuring the brand-new RB220 tonearm, which is packed w/ groundbreaking new features. Incorporating new ultra low friction, Rega designed, bespoke, zero play ball bearings, housed within a brand new, stiffer and lightweight bearing housing which was developed w/ a new automatic bias setting, negating the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega's latest custom aluminum arm tube.
- Hub Bearing—Planar 2 has a new 11mm self securing brass bearing (Patent Pending) offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy.
- Plinth—High-gloss acrylic laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance w/ ergonomically positioned power switch. Three plinth finishes available: high gloss black, white, or red.
- Motor—New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB
- Platter—New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10 mm – Improved accuracy platter
- Dimensions (Lid Closed): 11.7 cm h x 44.7 cm w x 36 cm d
- Weight: 5.5kg
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov