We asked ourselves, how do we make the most successful turntable we have ever made sound better, be even easier to use and be more accessible to a wider audience? The answer was simple; our engineers added a custom designed, high quality, moving magnet phono stage based around the multi-award winning Fono Mini. For the Planar 1 Plus, we wanted to optimize this circuit for ultimate performance so we have removed the USB interface and used the money saved to improve what was already a stunning disc stage.
- Built-in Phono Stage
- Brand new RB110 tonearm built with the new Rega designed, bespoke, zero play bearings with ultra-low friction performance.
- Rega Carbon moving magnet cartridge supplied fitted as standard.
- 24v, synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminum pulley offering low noise and better speed stability.
- Brand new Thermoset, gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside. Two stunning plinth finishes available, gloss
- 23mm, high mass, phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability.
- New improved feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Maximum Output Level (3.54 cm/s RMS 45 degrees CBS STR100 Band 6a and 7a): 370-410 mV
- Output Impedance: 1 kΩ
- Frequency Response (pre-amplifier only): 14 Hz (-3 dB Point) to 100 kHz (-0.6 dB Point)
- RIAA Accuracy (pre-amplifier only): (100 Hz to 20 kHz) ± 0.4 dB typically better than ± 0.25 dB
- Pre-amplifier Gain: 40 dB
- Pre-amplifier Input Loading: 47 kΩ in parallel with 220 pF
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -75 dB A-weighted ref maximum output.
- Power Requirements: 50 Hz 24 V AC 0.142 mA 3.4 W – 60 Hz 24 V AC 0.129 mA 3.1 W
- Dimensions (lid closed) H 11.7 x W 44.7 x D 36 cm
- Weight 4.35kg