The all-new io amplifier is designed with every music lover in mind. Simple to set up and operate, the io is designed to integrate seamlessly into any hi-fi system.
The compact size allows it to be used in a variety of systems and delivers a performance well beyond its price point. As you would expect, there is a high-quality built-in MM (moving magnet) phono stage, two line-level inputs, a redesigned mini remote control handset and high-quality headphone output that is cleverly integrated to deliver optimum performance without compromising the audio circuit. Pair the io with a small pair of speakers and you will have a system that can rival ones costing far more, especially if you are listening in a small to modest-sized room!
All of these features combine to deliver a powerful, well balanced musical performance at an incredible price.
The io uses the same power amplifier and phono stage as its larger brother, the multi-award winning Brio. The io aims to deliver exceptional sound quality in a smaller and more cost effective package. The class A/B circuit shares its DNA with the rest of Rega’s amplifiers, and as usual, great care has been taken in component selection. Sanken output transistors and an Alps volume potentiometer and a linear power supply that enables an output of 30 watts per channel into 8 ohms.
Two line level inputs and a high quality moving magnet phono input are available as sources. There is a headphone output provided on the front of the unit for powering standard hi-fi headphones; this is driven from the power amplifier stage of the unit through relays to avoid signal degradation when headphones are inserted or the product is muted. A new remote handset is included as well.
- Power outputs at 230/115 V supply voltage
- 30 W RMS both channels driven into the rated load of 8 Ω
- Input 1 (Phono) input sensitivity: 2.1 mV @ 47 kΩ in parallel with 220 pF
- Maximum input 1 (Phono) input level: 100 mV
- Input 2-3 (Line) input sensitivity: 210 mV @ 47 kΩ
- Maximum input 2-3 (Line) input level: 10.25 V
- Headphone output
- No load 8 V
- 32 Ω 1.6 V
- 54 Ω 2.4 V
- 300 Ω 5.7 V
- Source impedance: 109 Ω
- Power consumption
- 135 W @ 230 V / 220 V / 115 V / 100 V into the rated load of 8 Ω
- Frequency response
- Phono: 15 Hz to 40 kHz (-3 dB points) / 27 Hz to 20.5 kHz (-1 dB points)
- RIAA accuracy: (100Hz to 10 kHz) ±0.4 dB typically better than ±0.3 dB
- Line: 12 Hz (-1 dB points) to 43 kHz (-3 dB points)
- Remote control
- Batteries included –2 x AAA Alkaline.
- Fuse ratings
- T1.6 AL 250 V: 230 V / 50Hz and 220 V / 60 Hz
- T3.15 AL 250 V: 115 V / 60 Hz and 100 V / 50/60 Hz
- Weight: 2.9Kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H) in mm: 180 x 290 x 68
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov