The Concept 500 adopts advanced, innovative technologies to deliver pure audio excellence and a sensational sound stage. Our floorstanding speakers couple low directivity with wide bandwidth, good sensitivity, and sensible impedance, which makes them room-friendly and allows amplifiers to deliver their best performance. The Concept 500 pairs point-to-point (P2P™) bracing to deal with low-frequency panel vibrations with Helmholtz Pressure Equalizers (HPE™) to balance out pressure irregularities. Another component that allows for less vibration and coloration is the cabinet construction. Three separate layers are filled with a non-setting gel, which damps the cabinet walls and converts higher frequency vibrations into heat.
- Crossover: Great care has been taken in both the design of the crossover and the selection of high-grade components, to introduce virtually zero noise and distortion. The 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley topology
- which gives an excellent response both on and off-axis.
- High-Frequency Driver: Mechanically decoupled mounting effectively isolates the HF driver and speaker cabinet from reciprocal vibrations that would otherwise be transmitted between them.
- Cabinet Bracing: A method, known as P2P™ (Point to Point) bracing, supports the parts of the cabinet that need to be stiffened to deal with low-frequency panel vibrations.
- Mid/Bass Drivers: The Mid/Bass voice coil has an uncommonly large diameter of 35mm which allows increased ‘shove’ and higher power handling - as well as reducing compression.
- Cabinet Walls: Constructed in three separate layers and filled under pressure with a non-setting gel, this damps
- the cabinet walls and converts higher frequency vibrations into heat.
- Pressure Equalisers: Tall loudspeakers tend to suffer from resonances caused by unwanted pressure gradients. Specially
- designed Helmholtz Pressure Equalisers (HPE™) balance out these pressure irregularities.
- Terminals and Rear: Access Panel - The rear access panel has been constructed to maintain the integrity of the Dual Gelcore™ cabinet. The Concept 500 is equipped for bi-wiring or bi-amping with terminals that can accept bare wires, spades, or 4 mm banana plugs.
- Cabinet Plinth: The cast aluminum base of the Concept 500 is designed without large flat areas or additional adornments to discourage unwanted acoustic reflections. The resulting elegant design is underpinned with a choice of carefully engineered feet to immovably couple the loudspeaker to any surface.
- Concept 500 is the embodiment of the elegant design, compatible with a contemporary living space and not specific to any particular style of interior. The appearance has been pared-back to be as clean looking as possible, with rear-mounted mid / bass drivers keeping the baffle uncluttered and embedded magnets securing the grille so no fixings are visible.
- Gloss black or gloss white finishes have each been combined with Italian real-wood veneer, chosen for its consistency in color and pattern. The veneer is used sparingly in a subtle strip to create a cabinet that is visually light and clean. The white gloss finish has been attractively paired with pale oak and the black gloss with deep rosewood. Multiple coats of lacquer have then been added to give a deep piano gloss finish.
- Frequency Response 41 Hz – 30 kHz +3/-6 dB
- Average Impedance 6 Ω
- Minimum Impedance 3.7 Ω
- Recommended Power 25 - 200 W
- Sensitivity 90 dB for 2.83 Volts
- Distortion <0.2 % (120 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Crossover Frequency 2.5 kHz
- Mid Bass / Driver 2 x 165 mm (2 x 6.5”)
- High-Frequency Unit 28 mm (1.10”)
- Overall Size (W x H x D) 400 x 1150 x 350 mm (15.74” x 45.27” x 13.77”)
- Cabinet Width 200 mm (7.90”)
- Weight 42 kg per cabinet (92 lbs)
- High Frequency Level + or - 0.5 dB above crossover
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov