If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at anyone of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon's answer to perfect tonearm matching. Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
If your tonearm is an standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate. If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5g.
- By means of computer simulations it has been possible to define the natural pivot point of the system with unprecedented accuracy while achieving an optimum oscillation balance. The result: improved linearity, higher channel separation and reduced distortion.
- OM Super cartridges models have split pole PINs which reduces magnetic losses at the treble end. This technology extends the frequency range and improves phase linearity.
- OM Super 5 cartridge body is manufactured from a Noryl (plastic & glass compound) which ensures high rigidity and freedom from resonances.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / -3
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 60 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.5-2.0 g (15-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.75 g (17.5 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 580 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 200-500 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Black
- Cartridge weight incl. extra weight - 5 g
- Cartridge weight excl. extra weight - 2.5 g
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov