Free standard shipping on all orders within the continental US.
Ortofon has optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
- Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5.5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.3 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Blue
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov