The NAD CI 980 is a compact powerhouse offering superb sound and robust reliability. The eight individual channels can be fed from either the global input bus or each channel can have its own input with the flip of a switch. The cool-running CI 980 also has a thermostatically controlled fan system. The CI 980 is designed to fit into standard rack units, making its installation easy and fluid. Delivering a truly expansive sonic experience, the CI 980 will impress even the most experienced of listeners.
- 8 channels of clean, low distortion power set up in a 4 stereo zone configuration.
- 50 W per channel.
- Choice of DC trigger or signal-sensing auto on with auto shut-off.
- Fully protected From short-circuiting and overheating, plus operation is automatically restored after the condition is rectified.
- Warm, expansive and intensely musical sound, designed to drive real-world speaker loads.
- Extremely quiet with inaudible residual noise in no signal conditions.
- Continuous Output Power
- 8 Ohms: 8 x 50W (ref. rated THD, 20Hz-20kHz, all channels driven)
- 4 Ohms: 8 x 60W
- 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode: 120W
- Rated THD (250mW to rated power, CCIF IMD, DIM 100): </ 0.03% (ref. 20Hz-20kHz)
- Clipping Power: >/ 155W (ref. 1kHz, 8 ohms, 0.1% THD)
- Damping Factor: >150 (ref. 8 ohms, 50Hz and 1kHz)
- Input Sensitivity: 1.1V (ref. rated power)
- Voltage Gain: 33dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/ 1dB
- Signal/Noise Ratio, A-Weighted: >80dB (ref. 1W/8 ohms), >100dB (ref. 50W)
- Trigger: 5-30V In (AC/DC), -52dBV, 12V Out
- Time to Automatic Standby (without signal): <30 minutes
- Rated Power: 600W (120V 60Hz, 230V 50Hz)
- Idle Power: <26W
- Standby power: <0.5W
- Unit Dimension (WxHxD): 19 x 3 1/2 x 12 3/4"
- Net weight: 5.72kg (12.6lb)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov