NAD has an enviable reputation for creating great sounding products at very affordable prices and nowhere is this more evident than in NAD’s CD Players. NAD’s veteran engineers know exactly where to spend just a little extra money for a better quality part, in order to extract the very best sound from the Compact Disc. CD Players use mechanical, digital, and analog technology to produce sound, and all three forms of engineering greatly affect the end result and require careful design and engineering.
- Heavy gauge steel and non-resonant plastic moldings
- Precise clocking of the digital data stream allows the Wolfson 24 bit DAC to provide accurate linearity for the PCM data conversion to analog waveform.
- Audio OP Amps buffer the output without adding noise or distortion to the music.
- Multi-layer PCBs using surface mount components allow for an enhanced circuit layout with very short signal paths.
- Fit up to 10 hours of music on a single disc which is great for party mixes and ambient listening
- Optical and coaxial digital outputs that allow connection to an external DAC or digital component
- Output level: Analog 2.2 ± 0.1V
- Frequency response: ±0.5dB (ref. 0dB (reference 0dB 20Hz - 20kHz)
- Total harmonic distortion: ≤0.01% (reference 1kHz, Audio LPF)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥110dB (reference 1kHz, A-weighted)
- Channel balance: ±0.5dB (reference 0dB 1kHz)
- Channel separation
- -4.6 ± 0.8dB (reference 0dB 1kHz, 5kHz)
- -9.0 ± 1.0dB (reference 0dB 1kHz, 16kHz)
- Standby power: <0.5W
- Idle power: <7.5W
- Gross dimensions (W x H x D): 17 3/16" x 2 13/16" x 9 13/16"
- Weight: 6.6 lbs.