Free standard shipping on all orders within the continental US.
Throughout our rich 45-year history, NAD Electronics has been offering high-performance turntables at unbelievably stellar prices. A component that critical listeners can applaud for its musical quality, and one that almost anybody can afford, the NAD C 558 is a full-featured, belt-driven model targeted for record enthusiasts everywhere. Pre-fitted with an Ortofon OM10 phono cartridge, the C 558 features a belt drive for maximum noise isolation, as well as a precision AC motor with an isolated AC power supply that has universal voltage. Complimented by a glass platter with felt pad, an MDF plinth, and a low resonance dust cover, the C 558 delivers an outstanding listening experience unlike any other.
- Sophisticated power supply designed to remove noise and keep current stable and consistent for enhanced performance
- Tonearm designed for maintaining rigidity and low mass required to stabilize the cartridge
- The glass platter and massive plinth combine to extract all the energy from the disc while isolating unwanted external vibration.
- The plinth of the C 558 is solid MDF, as opposed to the particleboard or plastic that is commonly found at this value and is CNC machined for precision.
- GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Nominal speed: 33/45 rpm
- manual speed change
- Speed variance: 33rpm: ± < 0.50%, 45rpm: ± < 0.45%
- Wow and flutter: 33rpm: ± < 0.15%, 45rpm: ± < 0.15%
- Downforce range: 0 – 30 mN, 0 – 3.0 grams
- Operation: Manual
- Length: 230 mm
- Overhang: 18 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 9.5 g
- Cable capacitance: 150-400pF
- Frequency Range: 20-22.000Hz
- Output Voltage: 4mV
- Tracking Force Recommended: 15mN
- Cartridge Weight: 5g
- Stylus Type: 20μm/mN – elliptical
- PHYSICAL SPECS
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 340 x 125mm17 1/8 x 13 3/8 x 4 59/64”
- Net Weight: 5.5 kg (turntable) – 1.74 kg (platter)
- Shipping Weight: 8kg
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov