In a world of fast-paced technology, Meze bet on proven fundamentals. Their new 50mm dynamic driver, assembled and tuned with ultimate precision, allowed them to push the boundaries of speed, accuracy and dynamic range. In order to meet the acoustic goals they set for the 109 PRO, they focused their R&D efforts on materials research for each of the driver’s components. The quest for maximizing the sonic abilities of the headphone started with the diaphragm, where they focused on finding the perfect balance between mass and stiffness.
Their research led to developing the 109 series Dual-Composite Diaphragm - a combination of Beryllium-coated polymer and cellulose-carbon fiber composite. Tasked with improving the absorption of the vibrations is the copper-zinc alloy stabilizer ring, where the choice of materials contributes to significant reductions in distortion. Alongside the two, lies the light and efficient neodymium magnet and copper coil. Together, they are encased in a CNC machined, high precision aluminum frame, proven to be exceptionally reliable.
- The spider-shaped structure and the acoustically transparent grill inside the earcup expose the driver from both sides, creating our most open pattern to date.
- Following the principles of anthropometrics, Meze positioned the driver at a precise angle and distance from the ear, to achieve the ideal anatomical fit.
- Velour cushions comfortably surround the ears, providing the optimal seal to create natural sound. As velour is far softer and more breathable than leather, it also prevents sweat and overheating during lengthy listening sessions.
- The self-adjusting headband spreads the weight out to deliver even pressure for any head shape and size.
- Transducer Size: 50mm
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 30KHz
- Sensitivity: 112dB SPL at 1KHz, 1mW
- Impedance: 40 Ω
- Weight: 375 gr (13 oz) without cables
- Ear-Cups Black Walnut Wood
- Case: Hard EVA pouch
- Included cables
- 1.5 m soft TPE cable, with black aluminum casings, ending with 3.5 mm jack
- 3 m soft TPE cable, with black aluminum casings, ending with 3.5 mm jack
- Headphone termination: 3.5 mm TRS jack
- Included adapters: 6.3 mm gold-plated jack
- Warranty period: 2 years
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov