XR50 is a cleverly engineered compact bookshelf speaker that produces the rich, full sound one would expect from much larger speakers. The magnetically attached grill is acoustically transparent and covered with a neutral black cloth. Unique front panel McIntosh logo may be illuminated when used with McIntosh components. McIntosh's patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; they are gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is delivered to XR50.
Amplifiers from 75 to 300 watts are appropriate power for XR50. An additional connection passes on Meter Illumination Control for compatible power amplifiers. When connecting the XR50 3-way bookshelf speaker to an amplifier, it is important to use cables of adequate size so that there is no signal loss. This bookshelf speaker can be used in both music and home theater systems.
- True 3-way compact bookshelf speaker
- 40 Hz - 45 kHz frequency response
- 6" LDHP woofer (1)
- 2" titanium mid / tweeters (2)
- 3/4" titanium super tweeter (1)
- 300-watt music power-handling
- Patented McIntosh binding posts
- Front-panel McIntosh logo illumination using power control
- Handcrafted at McIntosh's Binghamton, New York factory
- Sold individually
- What's in the Box:
- Bookshelf speaker
- Owner's Manual
- Impedance Nominal: 8 ohms
- Power Rating: 75 to 300w
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 45kHz
- Sound Pressure Level, 2.8V/1M: 81dB
- Crossover: 500Hz, 8kHz
- Number of Woofers: 1
- Woofer Size: 6"
- Woofer Type: cast frame, LD/HP®, poly cone
- Number of Midranges: 2
- Midrange Size: 2"
- Midrange Type: Inverted titanium dome
- Number of Tweeters: 1
- Tweeter Size: 3/4"
- Tweeter Type: Titanium dome
- System Type: Ported 3-way bookshelf
- Grille: Black knit cloth, magnetically attached
- Dimensions: 8"w x 17"h x 11-3/4"d
- Weight: 19.5 lbs (8.9 kg)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov