The MC830 is a 1-Channel Solid State Amplifier that features an open chassis industrial design similar to our popular MC275 Vacuum Tube Amplifier, and MA252 and MA352 Integrated Amplifiers. A pair of MC830s, when combined with a preamplifier (such as the matching C8 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier), source components like a turntable, CD player (see the matching MCD85 SACD/CD Player) or streaming music player, and a pair of speakers, can deliver a true-to-life home audio experience.
With a similar footprint to our MA252 Integrated Amplifier, the MC830 is a direct coupled output design that is rated at 300 Watts at 8 Ohms or 480 Watts at 4 Ohms. A fast-responding Dual Scale Watt meter gives an accurate readout of power output for both speaker impedances.
Our Monogrammed Heatsinks™ add visual appeal and will keep the MC830 running cool for optimum performance. Both a balanced and unbalanced input are included for connecting it to the rest of your home music system.
To protect your speakers and overall system, the MC830 includes two of our cornerstone home audio technologies. Our patented Power Guard® technology monitors the amplifier's output signal to protect your speakers against being over driven; if necessary, it makes real time micro adjustments to the input signal to prevent clipping that could damage your speakers. Another level of protection is Sentry Monitor™, our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that will disengage the MC830's output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels, and then will reset automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts easily secure your speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short. The binding posts are gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality audio signal is sent to your speakers. Power Control ports allow for easy system power up and shutdown by sending power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components. The user selectable Auto Off feature will turn off the MC830 after 30 minutes if no audio signal is received.
A die cast aluminum name badge is affixed to each side of the chassis, and the front, top and rear of the chassis is polished to a mirror finish. The MC830 features a black glass front panel with silver trim, a blue Watt meter, an illuminated logo, and control knobs. Contact your local dealer to learn more.
- 300 Watts into 8 Ohms
- 480 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Power Guard, Sentry Monitor, Monogrammed Heatsinks, Solid Cinch speaker binding posts
- Power Output per Channel: 300 Watts into 8 Ohms, 480 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: Balanced: 120dB, Unbalanced: 118dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 2dB
- Damping Factor: >100 Wideband
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz, +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable: N/A
- Speaker Binding Post Type: Patented Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts
- Circuit Configuration: Push-Pull Complementary
- Circuit Design: Solid State
- Mono Bridge: N/A
- Mono Parallel: N/A
- Output Type: Direct Coupled
- Meters: Yes
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Balanced Input: 1
- Front Panel: Glass
- Illumination: Direct LED
- Chassis Style: Polished Stainless Steel
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D): 12-9/32" (31.2cm) x 9-1/2" (24.1cm) x 16" (40.6cm)
- Unit Weight: 48 lbs (21.8 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 55 lbs (24.9 kg)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov