With 200 watts per channel, 14 inputs and a high-performance AM/FM tuner, the MAC7200 stereo receiver is a music lover’s dream.
McIntosh has made tuners since the 1950s, and they are one of the brand's hallmarks, with the groundbreaking MR78 FM Tuner from 1972 considered an all-time classic in the audio industry. The built-in AM/FM tuner in MAC7200 comes from that same illustrious line of McIntosh tuners and will pick up your favorite radio stations with unparalleled clarity and a realism that is free from noise and distortion. Its advanced signal quality monitor can display the multi-path and noise levels of the incoming RF signal to help fine tune antenna placement for optimal reception. Dedicated PRESET and TUNING knobs enable easy radio operation. The FM tuner includes Radio Data System (RDS) support, allowing it to display optional information sent by radio stations such as the station’s name and call letters as well as the name of the artist and song being played. It features 20 presets for each radio band as well as a remote AM antenna.
The 14 inputs are comprised of both analog and digital input types. For analog, there is one balanced and five unbalanced inputs plus one Moving Coil and one Moving Magnet input to connect turntables. For digital, there are 2 coaxial and 2 optical inputs, 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT input (for use with McIntosh's MCT450 SACD/CD Transport). All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
The digital inputs are contained in McIntosh's DA1 Digital Audio Module; DA1 can be replaced by future modules to easily keep MAC7200 up to date with the latest digital audio technologies. At the heart of DA1 is a powerful 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode. PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz can be played via the USB input, allowing for playback of high resolution audio up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz levels. The coax and optical inputs support up to 24-bit/192kHz files.
McIntosh's striking Monogrammed Heatsinks™ are included. Not only do they make a visual statement, but they are also very efficient at dissipating heat—which is why they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate warm-up time so MAC7200 is ready to go from the moment you turn it on. Other McIntosh technologies found in MAC7200 include Autoformers to deliver the full 200 watts to each of your speakers regardless of their impedance, Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Home Theater PassThru, bass and treble tone controls, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®), and gold-plated speaker binding posts.
The entire unit is wrapped in the timeless McIntosh appearance with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel with aluminum end caps, control knobs and illuminated logo.
- Power Output Channel: 200w
- Number of Channels: 2
- Speaker Impedance: 2, 4, or 8 ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic Headroom: 2dB
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, -3dB 10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil): 0.25mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet): 2.5mV
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced): 0.5V / 0.25V
- Sensitivity Power Amp: 1.4V
- Signal to Noise Ratio (Moving Coil): 80dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet): 82dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (High Level): 95dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (Power Amp): 113dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 20K / 20K
- Damping Factor: >40
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced): 8V unbalanced
- Tone Controls: Bass and treble
- Tone bypass and input assign
- RS232 control input
- Power Control Output: 1 main, 2 trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port: 4
- Rear panel IR sensor input
- Input level match
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State: Solid
- Output autoformer
- Output meters
- Dual layer chassis
- Chassis Finish: Black painted steel
- McIntosh monogrammed heatsinks
- Power Requirement: 120V 50 / 60Hz, 4.4 amps
- Standby Power Requirement: <0.25 watts
- Dimensions: 7 5/8"h x 17 1/2"w x 22"d
- Weight: 75 lbs
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov