It Starts with the Disc
Whether playing SACDs, CDs, or other data discs containing music, it's vital that any player retrieves the information as accurately as possible: unlike a computer reading a disc for ripping, there's no time for repeated re-scans when playing music - it happens in real time, so the disc transport needs to get things right first time.
CDs, SACDs and Beyond
The SA-10 goes so much further than just disc playback: it's also a fully-functional digital-to-analog converter for music stored on a home computer, as well as having conventional digital inputs for existing source components. Those conventional inputs - optical and coaxial - can handle your music files up to 192kHz/24bit.
More than just a DAC
The SA-10 takes things further - just as it features an all-new disc transport mechanism, so the digital to analog conversion has also been subject to a radical rethink, taking full advantage of the 1-bit conversion technology found in past flagship Marantz players, and incorporating brand-new filtering and up-conversion to take advantage of this simple, but elegant solution.
- Hear all your music: From SACDs to DSD files, enjoy all of your music without limits.
- Pure Marantz Sound: HDAM technology combined with optimized circuit design layout and carefully selected components, provides exceptional sound quality and performance.
- Sound Master Tuned: Engineered and extensively tuned by a team drawing on more than 35 years of Marantz CD and SACD design knowledge.
- Upscale Listening: Innovative Marantz Musical Mastering “MMM-Stream” up-sampling to DSD and filtering
- CD Compatibility: CD / CD-R/RW / SA-CD / WMA / MP3 / AAC
Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- CD-Text / SA-CD Text / ID3 Tag / WMA Meta Tag / AAC Meta data
No / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- Data Disc Compatibility: DSD / WAV / ALAC <=5.6 / 192 / 96
- HDAM version: HDAM+HDAM SA2
- Power Transformer: Toroidal / El Yes / No
- High Grade Audio Components: Yes
- Customised Components: Yes
- Symmetric circuit layout: Yes
- Copper Plated Chassis: Yes
- Extra metal plate for chassis strengthing: Yes
- Program Play (CD / SA-CD): Yes / Yes
- Repeat: Yes
- Random Play: Yes
- Start Sound Mode for SA-CD: Yes
- Balanced Out: Yes
- Digital Optical In / Out: Yes / Yes
- Digital Coaxial In / Out: Yes / Yes
- Sample Rate digital In: 192 kHz / 24-bit
- Digital Filter: DSP (Marantz)
- Low Pass Filter stage: HDAM x 2
- Output Buffer: HDAM SA2
- Frequency response: 2 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 98 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 104 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.00%
- Channel separation: 100 dB
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) in mm: 440 x 419 x 127(17.32 x 16.49 x 5 inches)
- Weight in kg: 18.4 (40.57 lbs)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov