JBL revisited the 1970s with the L100 Classic, an updated version of their best-selling speaker of all time. I love the larger speaker's retro look, so I was excited to see the L82 Classic, which offers the same styling in a form factor that suits my smaller living space.
This pair of speakers features the elegant walnut cabinet and colorful Quadrex foam grilles that make the Classic line so visually distinct.
You'll need JBL's matching JS80 speaker stands for proper placement and an optimal listening experience. But the resulting sound is so worth it.
What's under the grilles
The L82's grilles give them a cool look, but it's what's underneath that makes them sound so good. A white, 8" pure pulp woofer provides plenty of bass, with the help of a front-firing port. And a front-mounted high-frequency level control lets you fine-tune the performance of the 1" titanium dome tweeter.
- Retro design with iconic JBL styling and vintage Quadrex foam grille in a choice of three colors: black, orange, or blue
- Genuine satin walnut wood veneer enclosure with black front and rear panels
- 8-inch white cone, pure pulp woofer with cast frame
- 1-inch titanium dome tweeter with waveguide
- Bass-reflex design with front-firing port
- High-frequency L-pad attenuator
- Matching JS-80 floor stands available (sold separately)
- Type: 2-way standmount, front-ported
- Frequency response (-6 dB): 44 Hz to 40 kHz
- Sensitivity: 88 dB
- Impedance: 8 ohm
- Low-frequency transducer: 8" pure pulp cone
- High-frequency transducer: 1" titanium dome
- Crossover frequency: 2.5 kHz
- Dimensions (HWD): 18.61" x 11.06" x 11.65"
- Weight: 27.9 lb
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov