Designed and engineered in JBL’s world-famous acoustic engineering facility in Northridge, California, the HDI-3800 is the flagship of the JBL HDI Series. This floorstanding loudspeaker features a 2 ½-way design with patented High-Definition Imaging (HDI™) waveguide technology, the patented 2410H-2 1-inch (25mm) compression driver, and triple 8-inch (200mm) Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers for powerful dynamics and incredibly accurate sound reproduction.
JBL’s revolutionary HDI waveguide geometry is the result of intense research into the nuances of waveguide design. In search of exceptional high-frequency detail and uniform directivity for smooth in-room response, JBL engineers pioneered a design that delivers neutral frequency response both on- and off-axis, and provides a seamless transition between the high and low frequency drivers.
The JBL 2410H-2 compression driver benefits from the advanced research and applications derived from JBL Professional’s “D2” range of transducers. At the core of the new 2410H-2 device is a lightweight, polymer, annular diaphragm that improves high-frequency extension by reducing diaphragm mass. The V-shaped geometry of the annular diaphragm reduces breakup modes, eliminating time smear and reducing distortion. The result is incredible dynamics with accurate reproduction and a lack of power compression.
HDI woofers take advantage of core JBL engineering techniques to ensure very high output with low distortion. The long-throw voice coil in conjunction with the symmetrical field motor design, flux stabilization ring, and copper shorting ring guarantee maximum output with significantly reduced distortion. Advanced Aluminum Matrix cones, provide a lightweight, rigid diaphragm and eliminate breakup modes ensuring proper pistonic motion throughout the operating band.
The HDI-3800 enclosure is heavily braced to provide a solid acoustic foundation, and incorporates a bass reflex design with dual rear-firing, computer-optimized flared ports. The sophisticated curved cabinet features a modern design finished in a choice of automotive-grade painted High Gloss Black, or furniture-grade satin Walnut or Gray Oak wood veneers. A black cloth, magnetically attached grille completes the elegant appearance.
- Patented HDI (High-Definition Imaging) waveguide technology
- Patented 2410H-2 high-frequency compression driver
- 8-inch (200mm) cast frame, Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers with 1.5-inch voice coils
- Contemporary design with premium finishes including high-gloss Black, satin Gray Oak wood veneer, and satin Walnut wood veneer
- Series HDI
- Sold As EACH
- Weight 83.78 lbs
- Crossover Frequency 800Hz, 1800Hz
- Design Contemporary design with premium finishes including high-gloss Black, satin Gray Oak wood veneer, and satin Walnut wood veneer
- Dimensions 43.33 x 11.81 x 16.45” (1100.5 x 300.0 x 417.8mm)
- enclosure Bass-reflex design with rear-firing port
- Frequency Response 37Hz – 30kHz (-6dB)
- Impedance 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity 92dB
- Woofer 8-inch (200mm) cast frame, Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers with 1.5-inch voice coils
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov