Designed and engineered in JBL’s world-famous acoustic engineering facility in Northridge, California, the HDI-1200P is the foundation of a complete HDI Series surround system. This powered subwoofer features a 12-inch (300mm) Poly-plas cone woofer driven by a 1,000 Watt amplifier for powerful dynamics and incredibly accurate sound reproduction.
The subwoofer driver in the HDI-1200P takes advantage of the core JBL transducer DNA found in the HDI woofers, delivering maximum output with significantly reduced distortion. This powerful 12-inch (300mm) driver is based on a cast-aluminum frame that supports a large Symmetrical Field design ceramic motor structure with a vented pole using flared exits. A 3-inch long-throw voice coil drives the high-density Poly-plas cone. The entire assembly has been Klippel and FEA optimized to extract maximum performance in system. In combination with the 1,000 Watt amplifier and the bass-reflex tuned enclosure, the HDI-1200P plumbs the depths of low frequencies adding a solid foundation and visceral realism to movies and modern music.
The HDI-1200P amplifier offers a choice of RCA or XLR line-level inputs, along with a full complement of controls to tailor the performance for any given room or system configuration. Gain and Low Pass Crossover controls are provided along with a selectable Phase switch and single-band Parametric EQ controls. System integration is managed via selectable Auto Power switch or the 12V Trigger input with pass-thru output. The platform delivers 1,000 Watts RMS with significant peak power output to handle even the largest dynamic demands. Advanced protection and monitoring ensure that the HDI-1200P will continue to deliver optimal performance under less-than-ideal conditions.
The HDI-1200P enclosure is heavily braced to provide a solid acoustic foundation, and incorporates a bass reflex design with dual down-firing, computer-optimized flared ports. The sophisticated curved cabinet features a modern design finished in a choice of automotive-grade painted High Gloss Black, or furniture-grade satin Walnut or Gray Oak wood veneers. A black cloth, magnetically attached grille completes the elegant appearance.
- 1,000 Watt RMS Class D amplifier
- Cast frame, Poly-plas cone woofer with 3-inch voice coil
- Single-band Parametric EQ
- Low Pass Crossover and Gain controls with selectable Phase switch
- RCA & XLR line-level inputs
- Contemporary design with premium finishes including high-gloss Black, satin Gray Oak wood veneer, and satin Walnut wood veneer
- Series HDI
- Weight 70.80 lbs
- Amp Class 1,000 Watt RMS Class D amplifier
- Crossover Frequency 50Hz – 150Hz (variable) 24dB/octave
- Dimensions 16.95 x 16.3 x 17.77” (430.5 x 414 x 451.3mm)
- enclosure Bass-reflex design with down-firing ports
- Frequency Response 28Hz – 150Hz (-6dB)
- Woofer Cast frame, Poly-plas cone woofer with 3-inch voice coil
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov