Generic USB cables can have a negative impact on your enjoyment of music.
Meet the iFi audio Mercury3.0. Maximum signal transfer. Minimum interference.
Not all cables are created equal
Looking for a cable with maximum signal transfer and incredibly wide bandwidth? Then the iFi Mercury3.0 is the cable you need.
Standard mass-produced cables normally have the signal and power cables compacted closely together. This hinders conductivity and often results in poor signal transfer.
Not so with our snazzy, new-look Mercury3.0 cable.
The Mercury3.0 cable separates the audio signal from the power with quadruple shielding to eliminate interference and jitter. It employs heavy OFHC continuous copper silver matrix conductors for the best possible signal transfer.
3.0 and proud!
The Mercury3.0 wears its ‘3.0’ with pride. USB3.0’s ultra-speed offers an incredibly wide bandwidth to allow for the speedier transmission of data. Efficiency at its best.
Cool, calm, collected. Custom.
Each iFi cable follows closely the tech specs of usb.org.
The Mercury3.0 custom minimum inductance parallel type with quadruple-shielding. This offers even more protection from RFI and EMI noise than the original. Sound quality is not compromised as with many ‘off the shelf’ versions where inadequate shielding is commonplace. Critically, the whole design hardly has a 5% tolerance to the 90ohm impedance rule.
The signal runs through the cable and the final connector. This connector must also be exceptional.
Most USB cables use moulded plastic covered connections that do not shield the high frequencies present in the USB data link and noise radiates out. Very few manufacturers make their own connectors and rely mass-produced connectors which means durability is compromised.
Our FINAL USB connectors provide impeccable end-to-end RF (radio frequency) shielding. They are machined entirely from solid, aircraft-grade aluminium. Plus gold-plated connections make for years of steadfast service.
- Quadruple shielding fully separates and protects the delicate USB data signal from the power. This protects the cable from RFI and EMI noise to provide the cleanest transfer medium possible.
- USB3.0’s ultra-speed bandwidth of 5.0Gbps offers an incredibly wide bandwidth, 10x that of USB2.0’s 480Mbps.
- iFi's FINAL USB connectors provide impeccable end-to-end RF shielding, being machined entirely from solid, aircraft-grade aluminium. Plus gold-plated connections make for years of steadfast service.
- RF3 - iFi’s three custom-made metal oxide ceramic filters have a different effective range to broaden the range over which RF noise is silenced. The middle silencer is adjustable and can be moved along the whole length of the cable. This then “detunes” the antennae formed by the cable. The other two silencers should be kept as close to each respective end as possible.
- Construction: Minimu inductance parallel construction
- Conductors: 24 and 28AWG
- Conductor material: Heavy OFHC continuous cast copper silver matrix
- Insulation: HD Polyethylene
- Shielding: Quadruple-shields
- Impedance: 90 Ohms (1% tolerance)
- AC spark insulation : 1500V
- Connectors: iFi ‘FINAL’ USB connectors
- Insulation resistance: 100Mohm
- Tensile strength: 1500PSI
- Lengths/Weights: 0.5m/98g (0.22 lbs)
- 1.0m/115g (0.25 lbs)
- Warranty period: 12 months
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov