The Eroica LX is a true audiophile moving-coil cartridge featuring the famous Gyger II diamond stylus profile. A nude, fine-line elliptical type with a 6 µm lesser radius, it gives smooth, extended highs, low distortion and reproduces a highly detailed and dynamic sound. To take proper advantage of this, the pick-up coils are hand-wound on a pure iron armature and suspended in a magnetic circuit of advanced design featuring low mass and powerful rare earth magnets. The low output Eroica LX offers an exceptionally high standard of performance and reliability and must be used with an amplifier which features a dedicated moving coil phono input.
- Efficient Magnetic Circuit - The Eroica uses a neodymium (NdFeB), rare-earth, permanent magnet; the strongest type commercially available. This gives us the opportunity to shorten the magnetic circuit in the cartridge and still achieve the required field strength in the pole shoe gap. In this way the overall mass of the cartridge has been reduced to help improve trackability and make it compatible with a wider range of tonearms.
- Low Mass Pocan® Body - The Eroica uses a strong one piece body which holds the fixed parts securely in place. Made from a special type of ultra-rigid, glass reinforced polyester called Pocan®, the body can be tightly bolted to the head shell for maximum efficiency and optimum sound quality. Because Pocan® has a high strength-to-mass ratio, the overall mass of the Elite is kept below 6.0 g.
- Expert Adjustment - Each Eroica cartridge is hand-built and then individually adjusted for azimuth and compliance by our experts. The correct setting of stylus azimuth (or horizontal tracking angle) is essential for the maintenance of a proper stereo sound stage. Badly adjusted azimuth can cause uneven channel balance and increased crosstalk between channels which would severely degrade the stereo image. Correct compliance ensures that the cartridge has an even frequency response within the specified limits and will be compatible with all low to medium-mass tonearms.
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 22 kHz ± 2 dB
- Channel Balancewithin 1 dB @ 1 kHz
- Channel Separationbetter than 25 dB @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity0.5 mV ± 1dB, 1kHz @ 5 m/s
- Static Compliance18 mm/N
- Equivalent tip mass0.35 mg
- Vertical Tracking Angle24 °
- Stylus RadiusGyger II
- Stylus TypeNon-Replaceable
- Load Resistance100 Ω
- Load Capacitance100 - 1000 pF
- Internal Inductance12 µH
- Internal Resistance8 Ω
- Cartridge Mass5.5 g
- Cartridge Mass (inc fixings)6.6 g
- Fixing Centre0.5 " (12.7 mm)
- Playing Weight1.5 - 2.0 g (1.7 g nom.)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov