The Elite is an ultra high-performance low-output moving coil cartridge which incorporates all of Goldring's most time-honoured design features. These include advanced magnetic circuitry with neodymium magnet and an ultra-rigid Pocan® body. The Elite incorporates a Gyger S line-contact nude diamond stylus, providing maximum groove information retrieval and an outstandingly smooth and extended frequency response. The Swedish iron armature is hand-wound with pure silver wire which provides much higher definition than is found in standard record cartridge construction.
The Elite represents the very best in traditional British audio technology and design.
- Gyger S Stylus Profile - The Elite uses a nude, natural-diamond stylus with a Gyger S profile. This is a revolutionary, patented, line contact design which is shaped to more closely resemble the record cutting head than any previous type. It features a substantially flat frontal area and a triangular trailing section with the contact radii being at opposite ends of the front edge. These radii are necessarily larger than that of the cutting head but still small enough for the playback of quadraphonic recordings, at a minute 6 microns. The stylus profile is the main factor governing overall sound quality in a cartridge and the line-contact shape of the Gyger S allows the Elite to trace the smallest groove detail with complete fidelity. Mid-range tonality is incredibly accurate and precise with high frequency sibilance banished.
- Efficient Magnetic Circuit - The Elite uses a neodymium (NdFeB), rare-earth, permanent magnet; the strongest type commercially available. This gives us the opportunity to shorten the magnetic circuit in the cartridge and still achieve the required field strength in the pole shoe gap. In this way the overall mass of the cartridge has been reduced to help improve trackability and make it compatible with a wider range of tonearms.
- Low Mass Pocan® Body - The Elite uses a strong one piece body which holds the fixed parts securely in place. Made from a special type of ultra-rigid, glass reinforced polyester called Pocan®, the body can be tightly bolted to the head shell for maximum efficiency and optimum sound quality. Because Pocan® has a high strength-to-mass ratio, the overall mass of the Elite is kept below 6.0 g.
- Expert Adjustment - Each Elite cartridge is hand-built and then individually adjusted for azimuth and compliance by our experts. The correct setting of stylus azimuth (or horizontal tracking angle) is essential for the maintenance of a proper stereo sound stage. Badly adjusted azimuth can cause uneven channel balance and increased crosstalk between channels which would severely degrade the stereo image. Correct compliance ensures that the cartridge has an even frequency response within the specified limits and will be compatible with all low to medium-mass tonearms.
- Frequency Response20 Hz-30 kHz +/- 2 dB
- Channel Balancewithin 1 dB @ 1 kHz
- Channel Separationbetter than 25 dB @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity0.5 mV +/- 1 dB @ 1 kHz
- Static Compliance18 mm/N
- Equivalent tip mass0.35 mg
- Vertical Tracking Angle20 °
- Stylus RadiusGyger S
- Stylus TypeNon-Replaceable
- Load Resistance100 Ω
- Load Capacitance100 - 500 pF
- Internal Inductance2 uH
- Internal Resistance8 Ω
- Cartridge Mass5.7 g
- Cartridge Mass (inc. fixings)6.6 g
- Fixing Centre0.5 " (12.7 mm)
- Playing Weight1.5 - 2.0 g (1.7 g nom.)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov