The Goldring philosophy is to promote the accurate replication of the original record production, maintaining the creative nuances, musicality and rhythm the artist intended you to hear. With the versatile E Series, this is easy to achieve; each is designed to be simple to fit to the majority of budget to medium priced turntables.
The E3 cartridge, representing the top of the range features the same aluminium cantilever as the E2, but benefits from a superior, bonded, super-elliptical (0.3 x 0.7 mil) stylus. This gives it better high frequency detail retrieval over ordinary elliptical (0.4 x 0.7 mil) or spherical (0.6 mil) types due to its smaller front-to-back radius. The main effect is the reduction of sibilance, especially in high level vocal recordings
- Magnetic Duplex Technology™ - All cartridges in the range feature Magnetic Duplex Technology™-a 'dual magnet' generator assembly with an identical geometry to that of the original cutting head. This means it can more accurately reproduce the stereo information in the record groove, providing better channel separation and a more involving and musical sound stage.
- Expert Adjustment - The E-series cartridges have been designed to allow micro-adjustments to be made during production using a special adjustment screw. This means the cartridge can be safely installed in a typical turntable because the angle that the stylus makes with the record surface has been pre-set. The result is an optimised channel balance with zero degrees of horizontal tracking adjustment required. This ensures a consistent and reassuring performance for the life of the product.
- Stylus/Cantilever - Featuring spherical styli with a choice of cantilevers, the E1 and E2 models are ideal as an upgrade to any budget, pre-fitted or obsolete cartridge. The E3 model with its refined super elliptical stylus is a worthwhile upgrade for those wishing to squeeze even more information and detail from the record groove.
- Stylus profileElliptical
- Stylus radius0.3 x 0.7 mil
- Frequency range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Channel balance1.5 dB at 1 kHz
- Channel separation>20 dB at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity3.5 mV (1 kHz @ 5 cm/sec)
- Static compliance20 mm/N
- Vertical tracking angle20°
- Load resistance47 kΩ
- Load capacitance100 - 200 pF
- Internal inductance400 mH
- Internal resistance410 Ω
- Cartridge mass6.9 g
- Fixing centres12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Playing weight1.5 g - 2.5 g (2.0 g recommended)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov