Free standard shipping on all orders within the continental US.
The Goldring philosophy is to promote the accurate replication of the original record production, maintaining the creative nuances, musicality and rhythm the artist intended you to hear. With the versatile E Series, this is easy to achieve; each is designed to be simple to fit to the majority of budget to medium priced turntables.
The E2 cartridge, the middle in the range, features the same spherical stylus profile as the E1 but with the additional benefit of an upgraded aluminium cantilever. This is both stiff and light weight allowing the stylus to more accurately trace medium to high frequencies offering more detail and reducing distortion and mis-tracking during loud passages.
- Magnetic Duplex Technology™ - All cartridges in the range feature Magnetic Duplex Technology™-a 'dual magnet' generator assembly with an identical geometry to that of the original cutting head. This means it can more accurately reproduce the stereo information in the record groove, providing better channel separation and a more involving and musical sound stage.
- Expert Adjustment - The E-series cartridges have been designed to allow micro-adjustments to be made during production using a special adjustment screw. This means the cartridge can be safely installed in a typical turntable because the angle that the stylus makes with the record surface has been pre-set. The result is an optimised channel balance with zero degrees of horizontal tracking adjustment required. This ensures a consistent and reassuring performance for the life of the product.
- Stylus/Cantilever - Featuring spherical styli with a choice of cantilevers, the E1 and E2 models are ideal as an upgrade to any budget, pre-fitted or obsolete cartridge. The E3 model with its refined super elliptical stylus is a worthwhile upgrade for those wishing to squeeze even more information and detail from the record groove.
- Stylus profileSpherical
- Stylus radius0.6 mil
- Frequency range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Channel balance1.5 dB at 1 kHz
- Channel separation>20 dB at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity3.5 mV (1 kHz @ 5 cm/sec)
- Static compliance20 mm/N
- Vertical tracking angle20°
- Load resistance47 kΩ
- Load capacitance100 - 200 pF
- Internal inductance400 mH
- Internal resistance410 Ω
- Cartridge mass6.9 g
- Fixing centres12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Playing weight1.5 g - 2.5 g (2.0 g recommended)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov