Housed within a gorgeous piano-gloss black enclosure are two horizontally-opposed 12˝ ultra-long-throw active drivers and two vertically-opposed 15˝ x 13˝ planar infrasonic radiators, driven by a 1600 watt Class D Digital amplifier. This dual-plane, patented* dynamic inertial-balancing preserves and focuses all the energy produced by the transducers in order to more effectively move the air in the room, rather than wasting energy moving the box.
It also enables you to hear all the fine subtle details in your recordings. The benefit is a new achievement in state-of-the-art, best subwoofer performance. With two active drivers separated horizontally in space, as well as two passive radiators separated vertically, the driver to-room coupling is distributed much more smoothly, for in-room bass performance that can’t typically be achieved with a single subwoofer.
This is GoldenEar's best subwoofer.
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 250 Hz
- Driver Complement: Two 12˝ long-throw high-output
bass drivers; Two 13˝ x 15˝ quadratic planar infrasonic radiators
- Amplifier: 1600 Watt ForceField digital amplifier
- LFE Line Level Input: Unfiltered (no low pass), direct-coupled
- Right / Left Line Level Input: Variable Low-Pass from 40 Hz – 150 Hz
- Fuse Size: 8-amp 250-volt slow blow fuse
(110-volt version); 6.3-amp 250-volt slow blow fuse
- Power Requirements: Low Voltage Version – 120V at 50 or
60Hz / 1600Watts; High Voltage Version – 240V at 50 or
60Hz / 1600Watts
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov