The extreme AC demands encountered in the professional audio/video arena have required technological developments far in excess of typical home theater/audiophile power products. In studios, live sound, and broadcast facilities, breakdown is unacceptable. Equipment failure or poor performance is costly. The same is true of today's home theater.
With today's chaotic demands on many municipal power facilities, AC voltage is often reduced so that it can be stretched to fulfill excess demand. This creates a substantial negative impact on your system's performance. Power amplifiers and powered sub-woofers cannot perform to their full potential. Even a relatively modest reduction in AC voltage can obliterate the sonic impact of an otherwise superior system. Just as problematic are excessively high line voltages. Excess voltage can overheat sensitive circuits; lower the life and reliability of projector lamps, and cause many circuits to shut down.
In addition to unstable voltage, today's AC lines are plagued with RF and EMI noise. When connecting sensitive equipment to your home's power outlet, AC noise couples into your system's critical components. This AC noise masks low level signals and cripples performance. This low level content is critical because it relays the crucial harmonics and ambience in audio, as well as the depth and clarity in video. With Furman's exclusive Linear Filtering technology, televisions, projectors, DVD players, and processors are fed linearly-filtered AC power. This dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak operation of your critical components regardless of load conditions or the time of the day.
Another critical feature is the exclusive series multi-stage protection. This virtually maintenance-free surge suppression assures the highest level of AC protection possible, without sacrificing itself when the offending surge is severe: no damaged equipment, no service calls, no down time. Further, the digital AC input voltage, output voltage, and current meters allow precise measurements of both the AC line and the current load. These meters are a valuable asset when monitoring systems that are connected to today's potentially poor power grids, or the meters may be dimmed when monitoring is not required.
- 11 AC outlets with three isolated banks:
- one bank of 2 Discrete Symmetrically Balanced Power outlets for sensitive video components (unswitched)
- one bank of 4 outlets (unswitched)
- one bank of 4 high-current outlets with Power Factor Correction peak current charging (unswitched)
- one unswitched front-panel convenience outlet
- Series Multi-Stage Protection surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- Power Factor Technology "current reservoir" for amplifiers, receivers, and subwoofers (over 55 amps peak charge)
- wide-bandwidth EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound and picture
- 3 sets of coaxial RF connections for cable TV, satellite, and antenna
- RJ-11 phone line input and output (module is detachable)
- Power Conditioner
- 7' AC power cord
- 2 Piece power cord bracket
- 2 Machine screws
- 2 Rack mount brackets
- 6 Rackmount machine screws (each with star lock washer attached)
- Owner's guide (English/ French)
- Warranty registration card
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 17"W x 4-1/8"H x 18-3/8"D
- weight: 50 lbs
- warranty: 5 years
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov