Theva Surround is the wall-mount speaker from the Theva range. It completes your Home Cinema system and can be easily installed in different spots to enjoy total sound immersion. Boasting a TNF tweeter and a Slate fiber cone speaker driver – both exclusive Focal technologies –, it spatializes every listening session for an uncompromising sound experience.
Exclusive to Focal and made in France, the Slatefiber cone is made from recycled carbon fibers applied as a filling sandwiched between two layers of thermoplastic polymer. In their quest for perfection, our engineers have opted to use non-woven carbon fibers, all pointing in the same direction to achieve greater rigidity, better damping and lightness – the “essentials” of a great speaker driver. Renowned for reproducing a rich, dynamic and balanced sound, this exclusive cone features in numerous Focal products across our home, studio and car audio ranges.
Made by Focal in France, the Aluminum/Magnesium TNF tweeter with inverted dome delivers a clear and mellow treble. The surround linking the dome to its stand uses a memory foam material called Poron. This surround is directly derived from the Utopia’s famous Beryllium tweeter and reduces distortion by a third between 2000Hz and 3000Hz, the ear’s high-sensitivity range. This Focal tweeter guarantees an impressively stable soundstage.
- TNF Tweeter Aluminium/Magnesium
- 6 1/2" (16.5cm) Bass-Midrange Slatefiber cone
- Balanced midrange and powerful bass
- Type 2-way closed surround speaker
- Speaker drivers
- 6 1/2" (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midrange/Bass
- 1" (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome TNF tweeter
- Sensitivity: 89dB
- Bandwidth: 80Hz – 28kHz
- Low-frequency cut-off: 67Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ω
- Minimal impedance: 4.5 Ω
- Recommended amp power: 25 – 100W
- Crossover frequency: 3000Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 171/2"x121/2"x41/4" (44.3x31.6x10.7cm)
- Net weight (with grille): 12.13lbs (5.5kg)
- Box dimensions (HxWxD): 22"x181/2"x71/8" (56x47x18cm)
- Net weight (with packaging): 15.43lbs (7kg)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov