THE HIGH-FIDELITY SOUND IS MOVING OUTDOORS
THE LOUDSPEAKER THAT STANDS UP TO ALL WEATHERS!
In addition to its UV-treated, high-density Polypropylene damping cabinet, the 100 OD6* loudspeaker is IP66 certified** (Ingress Protection rating 66). This reference international standard demonstrates the remarkable resistance of products to extreme weather conditions, and more specifically their watertight and dust-proof qualities. Integrating Focal Technologies, the 100 OD6 loudspeaker delivers the Focal’s high-fidelity sound outdoors. It is also easy to install, thanks to its reinforced, notched assembly bracket. Its 180-degree rotation system makes it easy to position, too. And because, at Focal, attention is paid to each and every detail and to satisfying every taste, the grille and cabinet are available in black finish or white ready-to-paint finish.
- Outdoor Rated (IP66): In addition to its UV-treated, high-density Polypropylene damping cabinet, the Focal 100 OD6 loudspeaker is IP66 certified (Ingress Protection rating 66). This reference international standard demonstrates the loudspeaker's resistance to extreme weather conditions, and more specifically its watertight and dust-proof qualities.
- Two Way Driver Design: The 100 OD6 loudspeaker features a high-performance two-way driver design that delivers Focal's high-fidelity sound outdoors. A 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter is used for excellent sound dispersion, while a 6.5" midrange/midbass driver with a waterproof polypropylene cone andÂ polyglassÂ treatment provides rich midrange coupled with distortion-free bass.
- Durable Enclosure: The Focal 100 OD6 loudspeaker features a high-density polypropylene damping cabinet with a corrosion-resistant aluminum grille (the grille is non-detachable). The cabinet and grille have also had a UV protection treatment. The logo on the grille rotates for vertical or horizontal installation. The outdoor speaker is available in a ready-to-paint black or white finish.
- Spring Post Terminals: The Focal 100 OD6 loudspeaker is outfitted with a pair of spring posts covered by a protective rubber cover. The spring post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG) and banana plugs (single only). The rubber cover will need to be removed when connecting banana plugs; the rubber cover can remain in place when connecting bare speaker wire.
- Mounting Bracket: The Focal 100 OD6 loudspeaker includes a reinforced aluminum bracket that allows it to be mounted horizontally or vertically. The 180-degree articulating notched assembly bracket allows you to swivel the bracket left/right (when vertically mounted) or up/down (when horizontally mounted). In addition, the mounting bracket can be removed so you can simply place the loudspeaker on a flat tabletop surface.
- Placement Options: A pair of outdoor loudspeakers should be positioned symmetrically, facing the listening area, ideally forming an isosceles triangle with it. The space between the two loudspeakers should be between 8.25' and 13.125' for a listening area between 9.812' and 19.75'. These distances may be varied, however, to find the ideal compromise depending on the specific area layout. The loudspeakers should be positioned at the same height and in the same horizontal plane. For horizontal installation under an eave, pointing the loudspeakers towards the middle of the listening area is recommended.
- Dimensions with brackets: 8.8”x10.1”x12.6”
- Enclosure: Acoustic Suspension
- Tweeter Type: Inverted Hard-Dome
- Woofer Size: 6-1/2
- Woofer Composition: Polyglass
- Woofer Surround: Rubber
- Power Range (watts): 20-120
- Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Impedance (ohms): 8
- Frequency Response: 65-23k Hz
- Connector Type: Spring post
- Height (inches): 12-9/16
- Width (inches): 8-15/16
- Depth (inches): 10-5/16
- Weight (pounds): 9
- Mounting Bracket Included: Yes
**Established by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), IP codes are international standards used to identify the degrees of protection of products against the ingress of solid or liquid foreign objects. The first digit of the IP code represents the level of protection against the ingress of solid foreign objects, such as dust (0 to 6). The second digit represents the level of protection against harmful ingress of water (0 to 8).
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov