The DT8R is a bang-for-your-buck in-ceiling superstar for multi-room and home theater applications. Revel in big-speaker performance, near-invisibility, and superior ease of installation.
High-Performance Audio Components in your walls and ceilings
Teeming with high-tech components such as annealed aluminum tweeters, polypropylene mineral-filled mid/bass cones, and anti-diffraction surfaces, the DT Series reproduces audio with the legendary voicing you've come to expect from Definitive Technology.
Pure Aluminum Swivel Tweeter
The ultralight, rigid construction of the DT8R's aluminum dome tweeter enables it to play significantly higher frequencies than we can hear, allowing for optimum linearity within the range of human hearing. The swivel mechanism lets installers orient the tweeter for precise direct sound or diffuse surround sound- or anything in between.
Polypropylene Mineral-filled Midrange/Woofer
Coupled with butyl rubber surrounds, the polypropylene mineral-filled midrange/woofer cone is a superb combination of lightness, stiffness, excursion, and control. The result: quick and punchy bass with smooth and detailed midrange.
The crossover is critical to delivering high-end audio quality. A high-definition crossover network with Mylar capacitors is a key contributor to the DT8R's smooth and accurate performance throughout its entire frequency range.
- Pivoting Tweeters for customized sound
- Fewer Tools Needed for faster installs
- Paintable Magnetic Grilles for the custom touch
- Affordable Customization for everyone
- Depth: 3.81" (9.68 cm)
- Grille Dimensions: 9.75" (24.77 cm) diameter
- Shape: Round
- Dimensions: 8.75" (22.23 cm) diameter
- Total Frequency Response: 27 Hz → 30,000 Hz
- Total Frequency Response: 8 ohms
- Max Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 89 dB
- A/V Receiver Crossover Settings: Small (60 Hz)
- Driver Complement
- (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Pivoting Dome Tweeter - Tweeter
- (1) 8" (20.32 cm) d (Round) - Mid/Woofer
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov