HUGO 2 is expected to ship in early April
HUGO 2 is a powerful DAC and headphone amp that builds on the ground-breaking original Hugo.
HUGO 2 can be used either at home within a conventional audio system or on the go with headphones.
Advances in digital technology, including the latest FPGAs and WTA (Watts Transient Aligned) filters, define HUGO 2, which features substantially improved sonic performance and other new features.
HUGO 2 is easier to use than the original HUGO, and its improved line-level operation and full-function remote control adds real flexibility when operating in full-size and desktop systems.
Four digital inputs (optical, coaxial, and HD USB) and new, extended-range Bluetooth® are available. HUGO 2 offers high-resolution file playback up to 768kHz and up to DSD512 (Octa DSD), via its HD USB input. Analog outputs include two RCA ports, as well as 3.5 mm and 1/4" headphone jacks.
A new four-function switch filter offers a useful degree of user-selectable frequency-shaping, bringing warm and soft or transparent and incisive presentations, providing additional user control and flexibility. For headphone-listening, HUGO 2 retains the popular digital crossfeed function first introduced in the original, award-winning HUGO.
HUGO 2 features Chord’s custom-coded FPGA, 49,152 Taps, 7-hour battery life, 768kHz micro USB input, 384kHz coax input, native DSD and DSD512 support, and support for headphones up to 800 ohms.
AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY
- Chord-custom-FPGA DAC
- 49,152 taps
- 7-hour battery life
- Extended-range Bluetooth aptX™ input
- Two headphone outputs
- Supports up to 768kHz
- DSD512 (8x) native
- Native DSD support
- 4 playback filters
- 3x crossfeed function
- Supports up to 800Ω
- IR remote control included
- CNC aluminum chassis
- HIGO 2 is entirely designed and manufactured in Great Britain
- What's in the Box:
- HUGO 2 DAC / headphone amp
- 2 amp USB charger
- 1.5 m micro USB cable
- Micro-USB-to-micro-USB OTG cable
- IR remote control
- HUGO 2 Owners Overview Manual
- Materials: clamshell precision-machined aluminum casing with polycarbonate buttons, acrylic signal window, and glass viewing portal.
- Battery: two rechargeable custom Enix Energies 3.7v 9.6Wh Li-ion (lithium-ion (2600mAh) batteries*
- Tap Length Filter: 49,195 – 10-element pulse array design
- Play Time: 7+ hours
- Charging: nominal 4 hours via micro USB at 1.8 amps (fast charge); nominal 8 hours at 1 amp (slow charge)
- Connectivity (Input):
- Micro USB (White): 44.1kHz – 768kHz; 16bit – 32bit (1)
- Coax via 3.5 mm Jack (Red): 44.1kHz – 768kHz; 16 bit – 32 bit (1)
- Optical (Green): 44.1kHz – 192kHz; 16 bit – 24 bit (1)
- Wireless Connectivity via Bluetooth (AptX) (Blue): 44.1kHz – 48kHz; 16 bit
- Connectivity (Output):
- 1/4" jack headphone (1)
- 3.5 mm jack headphone (1)
- Stereo (L & R) RCA (1)
- PCM Support: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 717.6kHz, and 768kHz.
- DSD Support: native playback supported. DSD64 (single) to DSD512 (Octa-DSD)
- Volume Control: digital, activated in 1dB increments; last known state saved upon shutdown, with exception of line-level mode
- Line-Level Mode: activated via dual press of middle ‘Source’ and ‘Crossfeed’ buttons; line level = 3v via all outputs; reset by power cycle
- Power saving mode: auto-shutdown after ten minutes of input inactivity
- Driver support: driverless with Mac OS X and Linux; driver required for Windows OS
- Chipset: Chord Electronics custom-coded Xilinx Artix 7 (XC7A15T) FPGA
- Tap-Length: 49,152
- Pulse Array: 10 element pulse array design
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- Output Stage: class A
- Output Impedance: 0.025Ω
- THD: <0.0001% 1kHz 3v RMS 300Ω
- THD and noise at 3v RMS: 120dB at 1kHz 300ohms ‘A’ wighted (reference 5.3v)
- Noise 2.6 uV ‘A’ Weighted: No measurable noise floor modulation
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 126dB ‘A’ Weighted
- Channel Separation: 135dB at 1kHz 300Ω
- Power Output @ 1kHz 1% THD: 94mW 300Ω
- 740mW 33Ω
- 1050mW 8Ω
- User Configurable Options:
- Filters (Digital):
- HUGO (ultimate reference) (white)
- HUGO HF+ (high frequency roll off) (green)
- MOJO (‘smooth’) (orange)
- MOJO HF+ (high frequency roll off) (red)
- Crossfeed (Digital IIR):
- Off – no crossfeed
- Level 1 – light
- Level 2 – medium
- Level 3 – heavy
- Control Options:
- Remote control (included)
- Weight: 1 lb (450 g)
- Dimensions: 5.1"l (130 mm) x 4"w (100 mm x 0.82"h (21 mm)
* Non-user-serviceable batteries are covered by a limited 18-month warranty from initial date of purchase.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gamophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.
FREE U.S. SHIPPING