705 S3’s Carbon Dome tweeter is housed in a Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top enclosure evolved from the latest generation of 800 Series Diamond. That joins a new and subtly curved baffle endowed with an all-new ‘pod’ housing for its Continuum Cone bass/midrange driver.
The 700 Series features the latest generation of our iconic Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top housing. Its new, more elongated form incorporates a longer tube-loading system to produce an even more free and open sound with high frequencies. The carefully decoupled housing is milled from a single solid block of aluminum to better resist resonance.
* Stand(s) not included.
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top
- Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
- Drive units
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range: 45Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m on axis)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 345mm (13.6 in) cabinet only, 413mm (16.3 in) including tweeter
- Width: 192mm (7.6 in) cabinet only
- Depth: 297mm (11.7 in) cabinet only, 337mm (13.3 in) including grille and terminals
- Net weight: 9.58kg (21.1 lb)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov