Niagara 5000 features a patented AC Ground Noise- Dissipation System, the widest bandwidth-linearized AC filter in the industry, and a unique passive / active Transient Power Correction Circuit. Boasting an instantaneous current reservoir of over 90 amps peak, the Niagara 5000 is specifically designed for today’s current-starved power amplifiers. Many AC power products featuring “high-current outlets” merely minimize current compression; the Niagara 5000 corrects it.
Though it’s easy to tout a given technology, it’s quite another thing to create a solution that is consistent, holistic, functional, and that honors verifiable science. It’s not enough to reduce AC line noise and its associated distortions at just one octave, thus leaving vulnerable the adjacent octaves and octave partials to noise, resonant peaking, or insufficient noise reduction. Consistency is key. We should never accept superior resolution in one octave, only to suffer from masking effects a half-octave away and ringing artifacts two octaves from there. This is the principal criterion for AudioQuest’s Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System.
The Niagara 5000 represents over 20 years of exhaustive research and proven AC power products designed for audiophiles, broadcast engineers, and professional-audio applications. Every conceivable detail has been addressed: In the Niagara 5000, you’ll find optimized radio-frequency lead directionality, capacitor run-in forming technologies developed by Jet Propulsion Laboratories and NASA, and AC inlet and outlet contacts with heavy silver plating over extreme-purity copper, assuring the tightest grip possible.
A great system is built from a solid foundation, and that foundation starts with power. With an AudioQuest Niagara 5000, you’ll experience for the first time the clarity, dimensionality, frequency extension, dynamic contrast, and grip your system has always been capable of delivering—if only the power had been right!
Experience the Niagara 5000 and hear firsthand the remarkable results of highly optimized power management: startlingly deep silences, stunning dynamic freedom, outstanding retrieval of ambience cues, and gorgeous delineation of instruments and musicians in space. Once you’ve experienced it, it may seem so elegant, so logical, and so obvious that you find yourself wondering why it hadn’t been done before.
- Common-Mode Noise Dissipation - in excess of 30dB from 20kHz to 100MHz, linearized for dynamic (rising) line impedance w/ frequency (source) and 10 to 50ohm load, system current dependent
- Surge Suppression - non-sacrificial (nothing to damage w/ repeated 6000V / 3000A input surge tests, which is the maximum that can survive through a building's AC electrical panel)
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown - 140VAC (will activate the main high-current relay to open within less than 0.25 second; automatically resets once the incoming power is within a safe range)
- Input Current Maximum Capacity: 20 amps RMS (total)
- Ultra-Linear Noise-Dissipation System AC Power Outlet Banks: 4 isolated groups - total (bank three through six)
- Number of AC Outlets: 12 (4 high current / transient power correction; 8 ultra-linear noise dissipation system power)
- Power Consumption: typically less than 0.25 amps at 120VAC input, or w/ power correction switched to standby setting (this is dependent on a reactive vector load)
- Dimensions: 5.24"h x 17.5"w x 17.2"d
- Weight: 38 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov