The design of the HDA range draws upon all of Arcam’s experience as one of the UK’s most respected audio companies, to produce Arcam’s best performing range of audio products yet – using the best quality components and engineering practices, the HDA range is designed and built to give you years of listening enjoyment.
There are two frequent problems with hi-fi amplifiers. Class A, the traditional audiophile’s choice, uses a single power supply constantly running at full capacity, even when there’s no signal coming through. Great for reproducing those subtle details at low levels however struggles to provide extreme power when needed.
Class A/B, the most common amp class, switches between the two internal amplifiers, one for each half of the waveform. Far more efficient but often a recipe for crossover distortion, since those low-level details we crave can get lost within any mis-match between the two switching over.
Class G is essentially a hybrid amplifier, utilizing Class A specifically for low-level signals, but when required switching in an additional power supply to power those larger sections of the waveform.
- Class G amplification for impeccable sound and efficiency
- Continuous power per channel (both channels) 90W
- Continuous power per channel (one channel) 176W
- Class A output to 12W
- 5 x Analogue input (1 x line/MM switchable)
- 3 x Digital input (2 x SPDIF, 1 x optical)
- 32-bit DAC,Sabre ESS9038K2M
- Full I/P control
- Total harmonic distortion+ noise= 0.003%
- Weight: 20,3 lb (9,2 kg)
- Packaged weight: 24.5 lb (11.1 kg)
- Packaged dimensions (W x D x H): 21.7" x 16.5" x 11.6" (550 x 420 x 195mm)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov