Generic USB cables can have a negative effect on your music.
Meet Mercury, created by iFi to give you maximum signal transfer and minimum interference.
Not all cables are created equal
Looking for maximum signal transfer from your cables, then the iFi Mercury cable is for you.
Standard mass-produced cables normally have the signal and power cables compacted closely together. This hinders conductivity and often results in poor signal transfer.
Not so with our Mercury cable.
Mercury by name…
…mercurial, fleet-footed by nature.
The Mercury cable carries the audio signal and power in two separate cables. It employs heavy OFHC continuous copper silver matrix conductors for the best possible signal transfer.
Cool, custom construction.
Each iFi cable follows closely the tech specs of usb.org. The cable construction is a custom minimum inductance parallel type with dual-shielding. This protects the cable from RFI and EMI noise and provides the cleanest transfer medium possible. This means sound quality is not compromised as with many ‘off the shelf’ versions where inadequate shielding is commonplace. Crucially, the whole design hardly has a 5% tolerance to the 90ohm impedance rule.
Quality through and through
The signal runs through the cable and the final connector. This connector must also be exceptional.
Most USB cables use moulded plastic covered connections that do not shield the high frequencies present in the USB data link and noise radiates out. Very few manufacturers make their own connectors and rely mass-produced connectors which means durability is compromised.
Our FINAL USB connectors provide impeccable end-to-end RF shielding. They are machined entirely from solid, aircraft-grade aluminium.
- Most standard USB cables do not address RF issues and are fitted with filters that work over too narrow a range and are only fitted at the ends of the cables, leaving the length of the cable to act as an antennae.
- iFi’s three custom-made metal oxide ceramic filters have a different effective range to broaden the range over which RF noise is silenced. The middle silencer is adjustable and can be moved along the whole length of the cable. This then “detunes” the antennae formed by the cable. The other two silencers should be kept as close to each respective end as possible.
- Compatibility High-Speed USB 2.0 (32bit/768kHz and higher supported)
- Conductors Heavy OHFC continuous cast copper
- Insulation Polyethylene
- Shielding Dual-shields
- Connectors iFi 'FINAL' USB connectors
- Lengths & Weights 0.5m / 92g (0.20 lbs) 1.0m / 112g (0.25 lbs)
- Warranty 12 months
- In the Box: Protective cloth pouch
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov