The new Planar 1 is the most user-friendly Rega turntable to date. Now with preset bias force on the brand new RB110 tonearm, Planar 1 is set up in seconds after unpacking. Simply slide the balance weight onto the rear of the tonearm as far as it will go, remove the stylus guard and start spinning your favorite vinyl.
Every aspect of Planar 1 has been meticulously designed to improve performance. For the first time the Planar 1 is now running a 24v, low noise, synchronous motor to reduce vibration transfer combined with Rega's brand new RB110 tonearm fitted with Rega's bespoke zero play bearings. Only sharing the drive belt, sub platter and dust cover from the outgoing RP1, this is truly a new turntable from the ground up.
If you are looking to get back into vinyl and want serious performance that will last you a lifetime, then look no further.
- Tonearm—Brand new RB110 tonearm built w/ the new Rega designed, bespoke, zero play bearings with ultra-low friction performance (Patent Pending). New bias assembly and integrated arm clip. Includes automatic bias adjustment negating the need for the user to set bias, making this the most ‘Plug & Play’ turntable we have ever manufactured. New ergonomically, re-designed and stiffer headshell for improved usability and appearance.
- Cartridge—Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard.
- 24v Synchronous Motor—The first entry-level Rega turntable to use a 24v, synchronous AC motor w/ a new motor PCB and aluminum pulley offering low noise and better speed stability.
- Plinth—Brand new Thermoset, gloss laminated plinth w/ vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside. Two stunning plinth finishes available, gloss black and gloss white.
- Central Bearing Housing—Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and removing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimizing the transfer of potential energy.
- Platter—Brand new, 23mm, higher mass, phenolic platter w/ improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability.
- Plug and Play design, set-up in less than thirty seconds
- Hand assembled RB110 tonearm
- High quality, low-vibration motor
- Phenolic resin, flywheel effect platter
- Factory-fitted carbon moving magnet cartridge
- Dimensions (Lid Closed): 11.7 cm h x 44.7 cm w x 36 cm d
- Weight: 4.2kg
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov