Free standard shipping on all orders within the continental US.
The i9-XR is one of the first wave of products, heralding the new XR series of Cyrus components. The familiar Cyrus precision die-cast case is the same, but everything else has changed. With ground-up engineering inside, an all-new phantom black paint finish, touch-sensitive controls, and a higher resolution display that is customizable for brightness, contrast, and polarity, the high-quality finish of XR makes a strong statement.
- XR DIGITAL PERFORMANCE - The DAC input stage of the i9-XR features a new 2nd generation version of our award-winning QXR DAC, but with an all-new high-speed analog buffer stage. Seven digital filter alignment options are user adjustable to suit the taste of the listener. Input options include USB audio (to 768k sample rate) and DSD to DSD512, 2 x SPDIF digital and 2 x optical digital inputs.
- PSU-XR PORT - The i9-XR includes a port for the new PSU-XR power supply. Thirty years ago Cyrus broke new ground with the introduction of the PSX-R, the first-ever regulated power supply upgrade that automatically adapted to match perfectly the power requirements of any connected product. The PSU-XR raises the bar by sourcing no less than five independent regulated supplies in a single box. For the i9-XR a pair of these are assigned to provide ultra-smooth power for the preamplifier, and a second pair to provide a huge dynamic boost for the power amplifier.
- ALL NEW ANALOGUE PREAMPLIFIER - Derived from the new high-end Pre-XR preamplifier, the i9-XR analog preamp features relay input selection and a new high-performance gain stage. This short-path design makes the analog preamplifier extremely transparent. With four analog inputs and phono MM, the i9-XR will cover just about any system requirement for analog connectivity
- POWER AMPLIFIER - The wideband power amplifier of the i9-XR responds from DC to beyond 100kHz ensuring ruler-flat frequency response and keeping any undesirable phase shifts out of the audio band. With a generous, over-specified power supply the i9-XR power amplifier is very capable of reproducing the scale and drama of the musical performance.
- LOW NOISE PHONO STAGE FOR VINYL - Inheriting many design features of the award-winning Phono Signature, the phono stage in the i9-XR performs at a level way above its class. Featuring low background noise and high dynamic range, the phono stage is a perfect complement for a quality vinyl turntable source.
- 4 x Analogue inputs
- 1 x Phono MM input
- 2 x Optical inputs
- 2 x Coaxial digital inputs
- 1 x Asynchronous USB input
- 1 x Analogue preamplifier out
- 1 x Headphone output
- PSU-XR upgrade port
- 2 x 91W into 6 Ω / twin speaker outputs
- Headphone amplifier, 2 x 138mW into 16 Ω (<0.1% THD)
- SPDIF supported formats 16/44.1k – 24/192k
- USB supported formats 16/44.1k – 32/768k
- DSD supported formats up to DSD512
- DOP supported formats up to DOP128
- Custom input naming
- iR14 Remote control included
- Dimensions (H x W x D) – 73 x 215 x 360 mm
- Weight 6.5kg
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov