Inheriting many of the sound quality features of the high-end CD player components, the CD-S303 CD player delivers sound that will satisfy devoted music fans. In addition to CDs, it also provides high-quality play of music files stored on USB memory devices via a USB port on the front panel.
The CD-S303 offers Pure Direct, which is the same popular feature included in Yamaha amplifiers and receivers. By pressing the button on the front panel or on the remote control, it shuts down the digital audio output and turns off the display. This achieves the lowest possible noise interference and, therefore, the highest sound quality of the analog audio output.
Each of the individual elements in a CD player influences the sound quality, which is why Yamaha puts a great deal of effort into the selection and matching of parts and materials. A high-grade acoustic capacitor, a new low-noise, high-gain bandwidth op amp and the use of damping material under the transformer and around the signal cables are just a few examples of the Yamaha commitment to great sound quality. In short, the CD-S303's internal sophistication is on a level generally found on much more expensive models.
- Pure Direct
- Extremely sophisticated circuitry and layout
- Short signal paths
- High-quality parts
- High performance DAC for high conversion precision with low noise
- Laser pickup floating mechanism
- Intelligent Digital Servo
- MP3, WMA, LPCM and FLAC compatibility
- CD-R/RW disc playback compatibility
- Numerous convenient playback functions
- Type: Single
- Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R/RW
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 105 dB (CD)
- Dynamic Range: 96 dB
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (CD)
- Frequency Response: 2 Hz-20 kHz (CD)
- Output: Optical, Coaxial and Analog RCA
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 3 3/8" x 10 1/4"
- Weight: 7.7 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov