Enjoy your CDs all over again with the MCT80 SACD/CD Transport. MCT80 has been designed to perfectly match the smaller sized MXA80 Integrated Audio System, MHA150 Headphone Amplifier, MB50 Streaming Audio Player and MP100 Phono Preamplifier (each sold separately) to make a comprehensive yet compact audio system.
MCT80 includes 3 digital-only outputs in the form of 1 coax and 1 optical connector along with 1 of our proprietary MCT connectors. The MCT output offers a secure DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio on SACDs up to DSD128 levels. To take advantage of the MCT80’s unique SACD capabilities, it must be used with select McIntosh models that have an MCT input—which includes the aforementioned MXA80 and MHA150, plus the D1100, C52, C2600, C47 and D150 preamplifiers as well as the MA9000 and MA8900 integrated amplifiers. The coax and optical outputs support CD audio formats up to 24-bit/192kHz. For listening to CDs, MCT80 can be used with any product that contains a digital coax or optical input and a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC).
MCT80 features an improved transport with a die-cast aluminum tray in conjunction with an advanced digital servo for faster, quieter and accurate operation. All common disc types can be played including SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW (MP3 and WMA) and user generated DVD or CD Data Discs with music file formats including DSD (up to DSD128), WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz), FLAC, MP3 and others. A disc’s audio data is read at twice the normal rate insuring better disc tracking and error correction processing. A twin laser optical pickup assures optimal disc reading. Power control and data ports integrate the MCT80's operational state with other McIntosh system components. It’s wrapped in classic McIntosh styling with a polished stainless steel chassis, black glass front panel, illuminated logo and aluminum end caps.
- Disc Formats: SACD, Hybrid SACD, CD, CD-R/RW (MP3 and WMA), user generated DVD or CD data discs (with music file formats including DSD (up to DSD128), WAV (up to 24-bit / 192kHz), FLAC, MP3, and others)
- Disc Capacity: 1
- Laser Type: twin beam
- Laser Beam Wavelength: 650nm (SACD); 790nm (CD)
- Laser Power: CLASS lla / CLASS I
- Standby Power Requirement: <0.5 watt
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: 1
- Rear Panel Data Input: 1
- Power Control Input: 1
- Power Control Output: 1
- Number of Channels: 2
- Digital Output Sample Rate: Coaxial: up to 24-bit / 192kHz; Optical: up to 24-bit / 192kHz; MCT: up to 24-bit / 96kHz (CD); DSD128 (SACD and Data DVD)
- Digital Optical Output: -15dbm to -21dbm
- Digital Coaxial Output: 0.5V p-p/75 ohms
- Digital MCT (DIN) Output: 3V @110 ohms
- Dimensions: 5 7/8"h x 11 1/2"w x 19"d
- Weight: 18.5 lbs
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov