The marine environment is unforgiving. Any equipment has to survive extremes of temperature, salt spray, and hosing down. It’s little wonder then that most speakers designed for marine applications sacrifice sound quality for ruggedness.
Of course, any Bowers & Wilkins speaker must sound brilliant. So these outdoor/marine speakers were first designed to match exacting sound quality standards, then the necessary toughness to survive the harsh marine environment was added. They boast IP66 ratings when properly installed, and the metal grille and all screws are marine-grade stainless steel. The driver chassis uses a non-corroding rigid polymer and the tweeter dome has a rear support to prevent permanent deformation when hosed down.
Marine 8 is super-tough to deal with the most demanding installation environments, with Bowers & Wilkins superior, uncompromising audio quality.
- Description 2-way system
- Drive Units 1x Ø25mm (1 in) soft dome tweeter
- 1x Ø200mm (8 in) polypropylene cone
- Frequency range (-6dB) 36Hz – 26kHz
- Recommended 20W – 80W
- Amplifier Power
- Sensitivity 88dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (4Ω minimum)
- Outer diameter Ø292mm (11.5 in)
- Cut-out diameter Ø253mm (10 in)
- Depth behind surface 93mm (3.7 in)
- Protrusion 8mm (0.3 in)
- Net weight 1.7kg (3.8 lb)
- Pre-mount Kit PMK C8
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov