McIntosh's coaxial digital audio cables use the finest pure copper conductors, which are coated with a thin layer of silver for enhanced digital bandwidth. Twice the normal shielding layers are used to insulate against outside interference and limit radiation of digital noise into the analog sections of audio system. Gold-plated, solid brass connectors are used to assure secure digital data transmission and the best audio performance.
These audio cables are available in 1 meter or 2 meter lengths.
The construction quality of McIntosh cables has to be of highest order in order to match the renowned longevity of McIntosh products, such as home theater systems. Silver-plated solid conductors are excellent for high-frequency applications, including digital audio, because those signals travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. Since the surface of this cable made of high-purity silver, its performance comes close to that of a solid silver cable.
- Packed: Each
- Lengths Available: Available in 1 meter increments
- Conductor Configuration: Coaxial
- Conductor Gauge and Material: 18 AWG OFC with 2.5% silver plating
- Insulation: Skin-foam-skin
- Shielding: Aluminum foil + 2 silver-plated OFC copper braid
- Outer Jacket: PVC jacket w/ black nylon webbing
- Termination Connector: Gold-plated brass RCA male
- Outside Cable Dimension: 8.5 mm
- Directional Arrow to Sync Device: Yes
- Unique Features: Silver-plated for increased digital bandwidth
- Packed in cloth bag and box
- Limited use warranty
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov