Revel in stunning 4K HDR laser clarity in any home theater. With 2,000 lumens, you’ll experience rich cinematic colors, smooth motion, and dazzling brightness. A highly efficient laser light source gives you years of illumination and infinite dynamic contrast. Its compact size gives greater installation flexibility in any room size.
Sony X1™ processor for projector
X1™ processor for projector is an innovative technology that uses advanced algorithms to cut noise and boost detail with high-precision frame analysis
Dynamic HDR Enhancer
Dynamic HDR Enhancer powered by X1™ for projector enhances contrast scene by scene in combination with laser and iris-controlled light output control to deliver stunning 4K HDR images.
Advanced SXRD panel
4K native SXRD panels produce outstanding native device contrast, reproducing deep blacks by improving the flatness level of the pixel surface.
High brightness and contrast (2000 lumens)
2,000 lumens of brightness create spectacular contrast and make 4K HDR images even clearer and brighter than before, improving highlights, colors, and blacks – even in well-lit rooms.
Compact size for installation flexibility
This compact size home projector features an advanced laser light source that can make a large 4K image in any room.
Dual contrast control engine
Dynamic Laser control & Advanced Iris work together to deliver superb image quality, with deeper blacks while maintaining bright highlights.
Digital Focus Optimizer for more accurate focus
With the Digital Focus Optimizer, image quality is actively refined and corrected during the viewing experience, ensuring your content always looks tack-sharp.
HDR Reference Mode option
HDR Reference Mode allows clipping for the brightest displayed pixels to create a richer gradation in bright parts of the scene and retain HDR that’s true to the creator’s intent.
Motionflow™ provides smooth motion for 4K & HD
On-screen action looks smoother with Motionflow™, even in 4K content2. Action in movies, sports, and video games appears incredibly clear and lifelike as if you were there in real life.
Infinite dynamic contrast with a Z-PhosphorTM Laser Light and Advanced Iris
Enjoy up to 20,000 hours of watch time with an efficient laser diode1. Plus, an infinite dynamic contrast ratio with Advanced Iris makes every scene spring to life with finer detail, realism, and deep blacks.
Reality Creation upscales your favorites
Upscale your physical Blu-ray/DVD disc or streaming content to near 4K quality. 2 The super-resolution Reality Creation 4K upscaler analyzes every pixel in any direction, then employs a digital signal processing algorithm to map pixels against an ever-evolving picture patterning database, compiled from over 10 years of expertise, to enhance colors, contrast, and textures without enhancing image artifacts.3
Picture Position Memory stores your settings
Lens focus, zoom, and shift settings for up to five screen formats can be stored for easy recall. Picture Position Memories remember these settings so you can quickly watch movies in the ideal format. Match aspect ratios, including 16:9 and Cinemascope, and store these settings in the projector.
Colors come alive with TRILUMINOS™ Display
Discover true-to-life colors and tones. The VPL-VW915ES incorporates TRILUMINOS™ Display color, reproducing more tones and textures than a standard projector system. Hard-to-reproduce crimson reds, aqua blues, and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with skin tones more faithfully reproduced.
Enjoy all types of content in 4K HDR.
Bring ultra-high-definition to everything. The VPL-VW915ES can project content at up to 60 frames per second (fps) in 4K for even smoother images with superior color and realism. Both 18 Gbps HDMI inputs support HDCP 2.2 so you can enjoy more of the latest 4K content services and full resolution gaming. 5
Input lag reduction for gamers.
Reduced input lag creates a better response time between control input and on-screen action, making video games perform better than ever before. Immerse yourself in your favorite games and beat your opponent to the punch.
Flexible home installation with wide zoom and shift lens
The powered zoom lens with a 2.1x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range gives greater installation flexibility in any room size, even with a high ceiling.
- X1™ processor for projector brings you the best of Sony’s image processing
- Highly efficient laser diode light source lights up the screen for up to 20,000 hours1
- Advanced SXRD panel for outstanding contrast
- Dynamic HDR Enhancer brings a wider contrast range scene by scene for striking, realistic picture quality
- Digital Focus Optimizer for more accurate focus
- Dual contrast control engine with Dynamic Laser control & physical Advanced Iris
- Motionflow™ provides smooth motion for both 4K & HD resolutions2
- High brightness of 2,000 lumens
- Advanced Reality Creation for upscaling and sharpening images without sharpening picture noise. 2
- Enjoy the latest 4K content2 services with HDCP 2.2 compatibility on both 18Gbps HDMI inputs 4
- Input lag reduction ensures faster response time for gamers
- Compact size for installation flexibility
- Display system: 4K SXRD panel, projection system
- Display device:
- Size of effective display area: 0.74” x 3
- Number of pixels: 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens:
- Focus: Powered
- Zoom: Powered (Approx. x 2.06)
- Lens shift: Powered, Vertical: +85 % -80 %, Horizontal: +/-31 %
- Light source: Laser diode
- Light output: 2,000 lm
- Dynamic contrast: ∞: 1
- Accepted digital signals: 720x576/50p, 720x480/60p, 1280x720/50p, 1280x720/60p, 1920x1080/50i, 1920x1080/60i, 1920x1080/24p, 1920x1080/50p, 1920x1080/60p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840x2160/50p, 3840x2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096x2160/50p, 4096x2160/60p,
- HDMI: x 2 (HDCP2.2)
- Trigger: x 2 (Mini jack, DC 12 V, Max. 100 mA)
- RS-232C: x1 (D-sub 9-pin (male))
- LAN: x1 (RJ-45, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX)
- IR IN / OUT: IN: x 1 (Mini jack)
- USB: x 1 (Type A, DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA)
- Dimensions: W 560 x H 223 x D 496 mm (W 22 1/16 x H 8 25/32 x D 19 17/32 in)
- Weight 44.00 lbs
- Included Accessories:
- Remote Control (RM-PJ24)
- Size AA (R6) manganese batteries (2)
- AC Power Cord (1), Lens Cap (1)
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM)
- Quick Reference Manual
- Product Manual Download
- Lens Shift Powered, Vertical: +85 % -80 %, Horizontal: +/-31 %
- Lens Zoom Focus Powered (Approx. x 2.06)
- Projector Light Source Laser diode
- Power Requirements AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz