Experience crystal-clear 4K HDR with brightness that lights up the room. Sony’s X1 processor for projector with Dynamic HDR Enhancer delivers a contrast ratio of 350,000:1. Every scene springs to life with finer detail, realism, and deep blacks. Picture Position Memories let you quickly watch movies in the ideal screen format with ease.
Sony X1™ processor for projector
X1™ processor for projector is an innovative technology that uses advanced algorithms to cut noise and boost detail with high-precision frame analysis
Advanced SXRD panel
4K native SXRD panels produce outstanding native device contrast, reproducing deep blacks by improving the flatness level of the pixel surface
Dynamic HDR Enhancer
Dynamic HDR Enhancer powered by X1 for projector enhances contrast scene by scene in combination with iris-controlled light output control to deliver stunning 4K HDR images.
Digital Focus Optimizer for more accurate focus
With the Digital Focus Optimizer, image quality is actively refined and corrected during the viewing experience, ensuring your content always looks tack-sharp.
High brightness and contrast (1800 lumens)
1,800 lumens of brightness create spectacular contrast and makes 4K HDR images even clearer and brighter than before, improving highlights, colors, and blacks – even in well-lit rooms.
HDR Reference Mode option
HDR Reference Mode allows the brightest displayed pixels to create a richer gradation in bright parts of the scene and retain HDR levels that more accurately display the creator’s intent.
Motionflow™ provides smooth motion for 4K & HD
On-screen action looks smother with Motionflow™, even in 4K content. Action in movies, sports, and video games appears incredibly clear and lifelike, as if you were there in real life.
350,000:1 dynamic contrast with Advanced Iris
A dynamic contrast ratio of 350,000:1 with Advanced Iris makes every scene spring to life with finer detail, realism, and deep blacks.
Reality Creation upscales your favorites
Upscale your physical Blu-ray/DVD disc or streaming content to near 4K quality. 2 The super-resolution Reality Creation 4K upscaler analyzes every pixel in any direction, then employs a digital signal processing algorithm to map pixels against an ever-evolving picture patterning database, compiled from over 10 years of expertise, to enhance colors, contrast, and textures without enhancing image artifacts.
Picture position Memory stores your settings
Lens focus, zoom, and shift settings for up to five screen formats can be stored for easy recall. Picture Position Memories remember these settings so you can quickly watch movies in the ideal format. Match aspect ratios, including 16:9 and Cinemascope, and store these settings in the projector.
Colors come alive with TRILUMINOS™ Display
Discover true-to-life colors and tones. The VPL-VW715ES incorporates TRILUMINOS™ Display color, reproducing more tones and textures than a standard projector system. Hard-to-reproduce crimson reds, aqua blues, and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with skin tones more faithfully reproduced.
Enjoy all types of content in 4K HDR
Bring ultra high-definition to everything. The VPL-VW715ES can project content at up to 60 frames per second (fps) in 4K for even smoother images with superior color and realism. Both 18 Gbps HDMI inputs support HDCP 2.2 so you can enjoy more of the latest 4K content services and full resolution gaming.
Input lag reduction for gamers
Reduced input lag creates a better response time between control input and on-screen action, making video games perform better than ever before. Immerse yourself in your favorite games and beat your opponent to the punch.
Watch for longer with a 280 W high-pressure lamp.
Enjoy up to 6,000 hours of watch time (in low mode) from a long-lasting mercury lamp5. This means fewer lamp swaps, simpler maintenance, and lower running costs.
Flexible home installation with wide zoom and shift lens
The powered zoom lens with a 2.1x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range gives greater installation flexibility in any room size, even with a high ceiling.
Looks great in any room
With the option to choose either a black or white chassis, the VW715ES compliments any décor style
X1™ processor for projector brings you the best of Sony’s image processing
Advanced SXRD panel for outstanding contrast
Dynamic HDR Enhancer brings a wider contrast range scene by scene for striking and realistic picture quality
Digital Focus Optimizer for more accurate focus
350,000:1 dynamic contrast with Advanced Iris makes every scene spring to life
Motionflow™ provides smooth motion for both 4K & HD resolutions
High brightness of 1,800 Lumens
Advanced Reality Creation for upscaling and sharpening images without sharpening picture noise
Enjoy the latest 4K content services with HDCP 2.2 compatibility on both 18Gbps HDMI inputs
Input lag reduction ensures faster response time for gamers
- Display system: 4K SXRD panel, projection system
- Display device:
- Size of effective display area: 0.74” x 3
- Number of pixels: 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens
- Focus: Powered
- Zoom: Powered (Approx. x 2.06)
- Lens shift: Powered, Vertical: +85 % -80 %, Horizontal: +/-31 %
- Light source: High-pressure mercury lamp, 280 W type
- Recommended lamp replacement time: 6000 H (Lamp mode: Low)
- Light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High)
- Dynamic contrast: 350,000:1
- Accepted digital signals: 720x576/50p, 720x480/60p, 1280x720/50p, 1280x720/60p, 1920x1080/50i, 1920x1080/60i, 1920x1080/24p, 1920x1080/50p, 1920x1080/60p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840x2160/50p, 3840x2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096x2160/50p, 4096x2160/60p
- Input Output (Computer / Video / Control)
- HDMI: x 2 (HDCP2.2)
- Trigger: x 2 (Mini jack, DC 12 V, Max. 100 mA)
- RS-232C: x1 (D-sub 9-pin (male))
- LAN: x1 (RJ-45, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX)
- IR IN / OUT: IN: x 1 (Mini jack)
- USB: x 1 (Type A, DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA)
- Dimensions: W 496 x H 205 x D 464 mm (W 19 1/2 x H 8 3/32 x D 18 1/4 in)
- Weight 31.00 lbs
- Included Accessories Remote Control (RM-PJ24)
- Size AA (R6) manganese batteries (2)
- AC Power Cord (1), Lens Cap (1)
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM)
- Quick Reference Manual
- Product Manual Download
- Lens Shift Powered, Vertical: +85 % -80 %, Horizontal: +/-31 %
- Lens Zoom Focus Powered (Approx. x 2.06)
- Projector Light Source High-pressure mercury lamp, 280 W type
- Power Requirements AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov