Aphelion is the third generation of Rega's unique moving coil cartridges.Taking the technology developed from the latest Apheta 2 to the next level, Rega's engineers have fine tuned every aspect of the original design.
Aphelion features a new boron cantilever and super high-powered, neodymium magnet and a coil meticulously hand wound on an iron micro cross that is fifty percent smaller than the original. The weight reduction of the generator allows Rega greater freedom to track the vinyl groove accurately ensuring even more detail is extracted from the vinyl. Aphelion is housed within a completely redesigned, single piece, aluminum black anodized body and protected by a CAD designed, clear rigid cover to protect the internal fine wires, making handling whilst fitting, safe and risk free.
Aphelion is the perfect partner for the RP10 turntable and RB2000 tonearm.
- Graded zero-tolerance black anodized aluminum body
- Boron rod cantilever
- 'Vital' profile nude diamond stylus rotated through 90°
- Iron micro cross & coil assembly, making one of the worlds smallest MC generators
- World's most powerful miniaturized neodymium magnet
- High specification fine wire 0.018 mm
- Tracking Pressure: 1.75 - 2.00g
- Input Load Impedance: 100 ohms
- Output Impedance: 10 ohms
- Nominal Output Voltage: 350μV
- Channel Balance: ≥ 10μV
- Separation: ≥ -29dB
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov