Many features have been designed for Xtension 12 turntable in order to provide you with amazing sound. Xtension 12 uses magnets to isolate the sub-chassis and uses new magnetic feet which almost completely decouple the main plinth. Combine this with the weighty 55.12 lbs total mass of the turntable, and the listener benefits from minimal base resonance. This is a unique combination of ''mass loaded'' and ''floating turntable'' design principles.
The platter is made from high-mass metal, and a nearly perfect alloy called Sorbothane® is dampened on the inner side. Recycled vinyl records are glued to the top (which act as a perfect mat). This "sandwich" is baked before precision balancing it. The final product benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free and heavy platter.
The tonearm base on the Xtension 12 also benefits from ''high-mass'' technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane®. This board is still able to be used with different tonearms.
This product not only contains Xtension 12, but it also includes a Sumiko Blackbird cartridge. This cartridge s designed for exceedingly low noise levels, wide dynamic range, and the highest possible fidelity in its price class. Each cartridge is assembled using time honored techniques, and is hand-calibrated.
The Xtension 12 comes with a beautiful dust cover with adjustable hinges, and comes in several high-gloss lacquer finish options.
AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY
- Super-heavy 55.12 lbs mass load magnetic floating belt drive design
- Sorbothane® damped ultra precise balanced Sandwich platter out of special alloy combined with Vinyl
- Brass record puck
- Ultra low noise motor highest selection
- Magnet supported, inverted main bearing Type Block 1 with ceramic thrust-pad
- Integrated Speed Box SE for super silent motor drive and electronically switchable speed
- Metal-granulate filled plinth for universal damping
- Mass loaded interchangeable arm board
- Height adjustable magnet supported feet for perfect isolation
- Gold-plated RCA phono sockets
Tonearm 12cc Evolution:
- 12" precision tone-arm with carbon-fiber armtube / head shell
- Generation 2 carbon technology
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections
- Highest selection of components
- Anti-resonance heavy mass card an bearing block
- Inverted bearing design with four hardened ABEC7 spec ball-races
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle)
- Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed head shell
- Highly flexible top-grade copper internal wiring
- Silicon damped tone-arm lift
- Resonance optimized Sorbothane® enhanced counterweight construction
- Improved anti skating and tone-arm lift mechanics
- Dust cover included
- Nominal speeds: 33 / 45 / 78rpm
- Electronic speed change: 33 / 45rpm
- Mechanic speed change: 78rpm
- Build in Pro-Ject Speed Box SE: yes
- Dust cover: yes
- Record weight: yes
- Supplied Pro-Ject phono cable: Connect it 5P-C
- Magnet supported, Sorbothane-damped feet: yes
- Central metal block: yes
- Signal to noise: -73dB
- Platter weight/diameter: 12.57 lbs / 11.81''
- Power supply type: Mains-fed outboard power supply; 220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles
- Output voltage: 16V / 1.000mA AC
- Power consumption: 2W
- Dimensions (lid open): 21.65''h x 21.65''w x 22.05''d
- Dimensions (lid closed): 9.84''h x 21.65''w x 17.72''d
- Weight: 44.09 lbs
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gamophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.
FREE U.S. SHIPPING