The starter turntable of choice for audiophiles the world over
The new Essential III builds on the successes of the Essential II. Essential II is a fabulous sounding turntable. It’s the least expensive turntable on the market that includes both a high precision main bearing and a solid, adjustable tonearm that’s based on the award-winning Debut design. It’s become the starter turntable of choice for audiophiles the world over.
The new Essential III adds some nice upgrades compared to the Essential II. Cosmetically, the Essential III takes a cue from the award winning Debut Carbon DC, with a lustrous high-gloss finish that’s available in Black, Red, or White. The platter also gets an upgrade: it’s constructed of a dense MDF for minimal resonance and finished in a high-gloss piano black. The visual effect is striking, especially on the Red and White tables where the high-gloss platter contrasts nicely with the plinth. It looks truly spectacular if you display it with some fun colored vinyl to accentuate the colors.
The adjustable 8.6” one-piece aluminum tonearm is significantly more sophisticated than anything close to its price range, and utilizes sapphire bearings for minimal friction and many years of reliable performance. The Essential III also includes a factory mounted / aligned Ortofon OM10 cartridge. You won’t find a better performing, better matched cartridge / tonearm combination in this price range.
The main platter bearing is precision machined high grade stainless steel and the drive pulley is crafted from aluminum. A new DC motor speed controller board regulates the platter speed and the Essential III now includes Connect it E interconnect hardwired directly to the output.
*Not compatible with Speed Box S or Speed Box DS
AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY
- 8.6” aluminum tonearm w/ sapphire bearings
- Ortofon OM10 cartridge, pre-mounted
- Dust cover included
- Speed: 33, 45 (manual speed change)
- Principle: belt drive
- Speed Variance:
- 33: 0.21%
- 45: 0.19%
- Wow & Flutter
- 33: 0.70%
- 45: 0.60%
- Signal to Noise: -66dB
- Platter: 11.81" (300 mm) MDF with felt mat
- Main Bearing: stainless steel
- Tonearm: 8.6” aluminum
- Effective Arm Length: 8.6" (218.5 mm)
- Overhang: 0.87" (22 mm)
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 0.28 oz (8 gr)
- Counterweight: for mass 3 - 5.5 gr (included)
- Tracking Force Range: 0 - 2.5 grams (OM10 1.8 grams recommended)
- Included Accessories: power supply, dust cover
- Power Consumption: 4.5 watts
- Dimensions: 16.5"w x 4.4"h x 13"d
- Weight: (net) 11 lbs
- Technical Specifications MM-Cartridge Ortofon OM 10
- Frequency Range: 20-22.000Hz
- Channel Separation: 22dB / 1kHz
- Output Voltage: 4mV
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47k ohms / amplifier connection – MM-input
- Compliance / Stylus Type: 20µm / mN – elliptical
- Recommended Tracking Force: 15mN
- Weight: 0.17 oz (5 g)
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gamophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.
FREE U.S. SHIPPING