Over the past 20 years Pro-Ject’s Essential record player has established something of a legacy. The most recent version (Essential III) maximizes the sonic performance you can achieve for your dollar. Pro-Ject does so by stripping away features that can cause unwanted resonance and honing in on the the development of sound-enhancing features.
How/why does it sound so good?
A precision-machined diamond-cut motor pulley helps to ascertain speed stability and longevity. The pulley is propelled by a high quality DC-driven motor control circuit delivering precision in speed and low resonance transfer. The motor and pulley are offset from the platter and bearing to further isolate the record while it plays. Adding Acryl it E not only enhances the stylish aesthetics, but the material is widely known to improve sound quality via resonance suppression. Over a lacquered MDF plinth and the effective isolation feet, the machine operates silently. Tack on the rigid, one-piece aluminum tonearm with top-notch bearings for ultra-smooth operation and the classic Ortofon OM 10 MM phono cartridge, and truly you’ve got yourself set to take your listening experience to the next level.
Limited Edition Collectible
Pro-Ject USA stocks the world’s remaining supply of these limited edition collaborations with The Beatles. First and foremost, they’re designed as upgrades from their base-level models so you can enjoy not only the conversation-starter aspect of their visual appeal, but you can expect your record collection to be more engaging sonically as well. Act now before they’re gone for good!
- Belt drive with synchronous motor and silicone belt
- Diamond cut aluminum drive pulley
- Chassis made of resonance absorbing MDF
- Acryl It E platter upgrade
- Integrated DC-powered motor control minimizes motor vibration and guarantees speed stability
- Low tolerance platter bearing with stainless steel spindle
- 8.6” aluminum tonearm with sapphire bearings
- Ortofon OM10 cartridge pre-mounted
- High-quality semi-balanced gold-plated Connect it E phono interconnect
- Special decoupling feet
- Dust cover included
- Handmade in Europe
- Nominal speeds: 33/45 r.p.m.
- Speed variance 33: ±0,70%, 45: ±0,60%
- Wow and flutter 33: ±0,21%, 45: ±0,19%
- Signal to noise: 66dB
- Effective tonearm mass: 8,0g
- Effective tonearm length: 8,6″ (218,5mm)
- Overhang: 22,0mm
- Power consumption: 4,5W
- Outboard power supply: 15V/500mA DC
- Weight: 5 kg (11 lbs)
- Dimensions: 33 × 42 × 11.2 cm (13 x 16.5 x 4.4 in)
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov