Pro-Ject 6 Perspex SB is the ultimate sub-chassis turntable for the 21st century. The transparent acrylic plinth stands on three individually height-adjustable TPE-damped aluminum cones and carries the motor and the sub-chassis. The sub-chassis is made from Corian and rests on three magnetic fields. A magnetic sub-chassis suspension system avoids parasitic noise normally caused by a conventional spring mechanism. A supplied spirit level allows easy adjustment of the sub-chassis. A quiet running AC motor unit drives the platter's outside edge via a belt. It incorporates an advanced DC-driven motor control that ensures perfect speed stability and electronic speed change.
The resonance optimized platter is a sandwich construction using a fine-balanced medium density fiber platter and a 0.16'' (4mm) thick flat ground layer of vinyl and a screw-down record clamp. It runs on an inverted bearing with a stainless steel axle carrying a ceramic ball / plate bearing.
The headshell and armtube of the high-end tonearm 9cc evolution are fashioned from a single piece of carbon fiber. A conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections. Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC 7 spec ballraces. A top-grade connection cable "Pro-Ject Connect it E" with RCA connectors is supplied. A dust cover is also included.
AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY
- Acrylic plinth
- Sub-chassis made from Corian w/ magnetic suspension
- Acoustically inert sandwich construction of platter w/ combination of MDF and vinyl layer as a mat
- Inverted main bearing w/ ceramic ball / plate
- Belt drive w/ AC motor w/ DC driven AC generator
- Electronic speed control w/ 33 / 45 rpm switching
- Pre-mounted 9" tonearm 9cc evolution
- Tonearm bearings w/ ABEC 7 ballraces
- 5P Connect it Phono CC cable w/ RCA plugs
- Tech Specs
- Nominal speeds: 33 / 45 rpm
- Dust cover: yes
- Magnet supported sub chassis: yes
- Record Clamp: yes
- RCA Phono Sockets: yes
- Sorbothane-damped aluminum cones: yes
- Tonearm: Pro-Ject 9cc Evolution
- Carbon-fiber head-shell and arm-tube: yes
- Effective tonearm length: 9'' (230 mm)
- Effective tonearm mass: 0.28 oz
- Overhang: 0.71'' (18 mm)
- Supplied Counterweights: cartridge weights 0.18 oz (5 g) - 0.26 oz (7.5 g), 0.25 oz (7 g) - 0.35 oz (10g), 0.32 oz (9 g) - 0.39 oz (11 g), and 0.35 oz (10 g) - 0.49 oz (14 g)
- Downforce Range: 10 - 35mN
- Signal to noise: -73dB
- Platter Weight/Diameter: 4.41 lbs / 11.81''
- Power Supply Type: Mains-fed outboard power supply, 220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles
- Output voltage: 16V / 500mA AC
- Power Consumption: 2W
- Dimensions (lid open): 16.54''h (420 mm) x 18.11''w (460 mm) x 18.31''d (465 mm)
- Dimensions (lid closed): 7.20''h (183 mm) x 18.11''w (460 mm) x 14.37''d (365 mm)
- Weight: 23.15 lbs
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gamophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.
FREE U.S. SHIPPING