1Xpression Carbon Classic is the 6th generation of the hi-fi classic Pro-Ject 1, which was presented for the first time in 1991. No other entry-level turntable concept is more audiophile, and the current version includes a totally new carbon tone-arm with spin-off „EVO“-technology.
Its new, innovative gimbal design features a resonance-damping counterweight, which allows best performance for any cartridge. The approved belt-drive design offers low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling, ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (like Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability. The complex main platter construction cannot be found elsewhere in this price range and is similar to the Xtension models.
Advanced thermo plastic elastomers (TPE) are used in a sandwich construction with aluminum alloy for optimized resonance behavior. Platter bearing axle is made from low tolerance chrome plated stainless steel running on Teflon bottom in a bronze bearing housing. Turntable main plinth is from low resonance MDF, which effectively is decoupled from structure-born noise by special absorber feet that use TPE technology. As a special feature, this package comes with the outstanding 2M Silver cartridge, which features silver spools for ultimate fidelity.
Beside its class-leading sound quality, this turntable convinces with classic elegance and three first-class finish options.
The Gloss Black with Pearl Cartridge model features an upgraded platter.
AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY
- User Manual
- Belt drive system with synchronous motor
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
- Heavy aluminum sandwich platter with TPE technology for superior resonance damping & felt mat
- 8.6” carbon tonearm with Evo Kardan rings
- Resonance damping counterweight design
- Advanced 2M Silver cartridge with silver spools
- Gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- What's in the Box:
- Turntable base (tone-arm and cartridge installed)
- Hub (installed)
- Platter (installed)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- Drive belt
- Dust cover
- Cork mat
- Felt mat
- 47" Stereo RCA audio cable (w/ ground wire)
- Counter weight
- Anti-skate weight
- 45 RPM adapter
- 3 feet discs
- Head-shell weight
- Plastic hook tool
- Two-point cartridge alignment protractor
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- Belt drive
- Speed Variance: 0.2% at 33-1/3 rpm , 0.18% at 45 rpm
- Wow and Flutter: 0.14% at 33-1/3 rpm, 0.13% at 45 rpm
- Platter: 300 mm
- Main Bearing: stainless steel
- Effective Arm Length: 218.5 mm
- Overhang: 22.0 mm
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 6.0g
- Tracking Force Range: 0-30mn (2M 18mn recommended)
- Included Accessories: 15 volts DC /0,8A power supply, dust cover
- Power Consumption: 4.0 watts max /< 1 watt standby
- Dimensions: 16-3/8"w x 5"h (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"d
- Weight: 12.13 lbs
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to love every item you purchase from SKY by Gramophone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like-new for any reason within 60 days. You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased*. Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
SKY by Gamophone is an authorized dealer for all products we carry, which means manufacturer warranties are valid on every product purchased from us.
*Restocking fees apply for furniture, as well as for products without original packaging, missing accessories, and not in new or like-new condition.
FREE U.S. SHIPPING